How would you describe the song of a dying CCT?

General Bike chat
Jamoi

Re: How would you describe the song of a dying CCT?

Post by Jamoi »

Good work sir :thumbup:

But, yellow AND black... all he needs now is some blue and red, then he really will be going nowhere! :D

Sent from my GT-19505 using Telekinesis
Jamie :wave:
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:Done :thumbup:
And you're an absolute legend for it ! :thumbup: Thanks a lot! :D
Jamoi wrote:You mean the "Twilight cct saga" is finally over??
I will admit I am paranoid and very worried about breaking the first thing I've ever owned that I've properly fell in love with :lol: And I'm also an idiot. ( Bet you all knew that already :lol: )
AMCQ46 wrote:Cutting out was because it was black and the engine just wanted to go slowly... Put some. Yellow tape on it and it is running fine now :D
It fell off on the motorway on the way back once I reached 100mph, tape was going slower than the rest of the bike and just fell off. Sorry about that :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Virt wrote:
turbo_billy wrote:
Heads or Tails :?:
That third option, I think it's called "happy ending"?
Looks like you got your happy ending then Virt. :thumbup:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

well done to both of you :thumbup:

any clues to the "faint, tinny rattling" that YMV imagined , I mean heard from under the tank ??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

When you pulled the tank off, was there a faint tin under there?
Or a paint tin?

Or a rattle?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Did we just have another CCT thread. :roll:

Virt have you got a lightened flywheel :confused If you can see a single F then you will have the FT and RT marks also...unless someone has butchered the marks trying to prise the flywheel off or something. I hope you learnt something watching Al sort the ccts out as that's the best reward for someone doing the work. The A to Z of Motor Vehicle Craft Studies. :plainsmile

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl,
the flywheel was normal and had all the marks on it.

as for learning anything.............thats a tough one, he didnt get bored and start playing on his phone, so I think he was paying attention...........and we found a few loose screws, so he learned again not to let his dad loose on the bike
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

Nope. I distinctly remember not being able to see the marks last time I looked, as I requested help from my brother and dad and they couldn't see it either. :confused

I blame the nargles :thumbup:

Yeah, I paid attention to Al. What sort of miscreant youth do you take me for? :wink: It was actually quite interesting to watch. Looked WAY less complex than it sounded too, if push came to shove I'd probably feel quite comfortable doing it again for whatever reason.

The bike is mine now, no one else can touch it while it's in my garage. The new rule I have just enforced :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol:

Well done Al. I think you can now be officially titled queen of the stopper. :lol:

Oh and Virt start reading up on PAIR system removal and tuning carbs as when you put un-baffled cans on I think you may want to remove the PAIR as it's likely you will get a bit more popping and banging. You will also likely want/need to tweak you carbs. Saying that though with the restrictors in I'm not sure how things will behave and you will end up having to do them again once they are taken out so you may as well remove them as well :biggrin Do the whole lot in one go. :plainsmile

Good to hear you was paying attention and found some incentive to have a go at things yourself. What's your tool collection like.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote::lol:

Well done Al. I think you can now be officially titled queen of the stopper. :lol:

Oh and Virt start reading up on PAIR system removal and tuning carbs as when you put un-baffled cans on I think you may want to remove the PAIR as it's likely you will get a bit more popping and banging. You will also likely want/need to tweak you carbs. Saying that though with the restrictors in I'm not sure how things will behave and you will end up having to do them again once they are taken out so you may as well remove them as well :biggrin Do the whole lot in one go. :plainsmile

Good to hear you was paying attention and found some incentive to have a go at things yourself. What's your tool collection like.

Rather tool-y. :lol: It's not too bad, it's just not huge either. I'll be starting to build my own collection when I move out anyway.

I've done some reading on the PAIR and it looks annoying to remove :lol: Even more annoying to keep though :(

Don't worry, there's a lot of air going through the restrictors and it might wear them down. Y'know, they are very cheaply made after all :whatever :shh: :lol: I'd be surprised if they last until February or something.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

The first tool you need to purchase is a nice little round file... for.. erm... you know **ahem**restrictors**ahem**

:D
Virt

Post by Virt »

Or I could just purchase a thumb to insert into them and pull them out? :lol:

Hmm, I think I already have 2 of those somewhere actually. I'm not some inbred from the Clacton/Colchester area with 3 or more :wink:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Is this thread "hacked"? When I try and quote you, your quote turns into "
WayneM wrote:I name this Message Board - Silvia. God bless her and all who sail in her!
"

Eh???? I don't understand!
Virt

Post by Virt »

:lol: YOU DUN GOOFED
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I don't get it!