what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

i think it looks the nuts mate, i would consider smoked lenses tho so you would be hard pushed to see them until they are turned on, and as tony said unless you use your bike to commute in summer it should be ok, i'd love you to do a set for me mate........ :thumbup:
even tho i've just sorted out a pair of original indicators with clear lenses, i would prefer your ones mate, good work.
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

is this why the inner panels don't have a bottom to them,to direct air onto the top of the rads ?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, exactly.
They aren't connected to the airbox intake, and so there isn't any other reason for them to have to have been put in, other than to feed air to the rads.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alec

Post by alec »

Today i fitted H I D's to the tdm, tightened the chain, gave it a wipe over and fitted it all back together and went for a short ride, lights are excellent.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

tony.mon wrote:Yes, exactly.
They aren't connected to the airbox intake, and so there isn't any other reason for them to have to have been put in, other than to feed air to the rads.

tbh tony it did cross my mind at the time and on a quick test run today it did run quite abit hotter so the plastic plates coming out...might try mounting them on mesh instead,hopefully that'll let enough air flow through..
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:Fitted a steering damper....had the damper in the shed since my MZ racing days, and decided to fit it rather than flog it. Got a nice 41mm fork leg clamp off e-bay and made the frame mount out of some 3mm stainless plate I had stashed underthe workbench. Very pleased with the result

thanks for the pics amcq46
picked my damper up today £10 :lol:
as its a sprint damper im sending back to sprint in Nottingham for a full service £20 :clap:
then when its back i will get it fitted
i had a look at the rhs fairing today and it already has the cut out for the damper so its had one fitted before :D
i just need to get a 45mm fork clamp now as the fireblade forks are bigger :beer:
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Fitted the exhausts that I got from lloydiecbr and took her for a wee run. It sounds nice and the Mrs said she could hear me coming along the road.

I now have a spare pair of round Art cans I might need to get rid of.

now to give her a wash.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi jazzscot i think one of the new members to the forum is looking for a pair of exhausts mate (scottyhatchi)
and lloydie you can get a 45mm clamp from sprint or there are lots of companies on ebay that sell them. also lloydie have you got the contact details for sprint because i have one of there dampers that needs servicing mate.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Good work jazzcot they look good on a red one .

Bsm
I will be getting a clamp from eBay :)
Sprint damper uk ltd
Unit 8
Trent south ind park
Little tennis street
Nottingham
Ng2 4eq
Tel:0115 910 3247
Email : info@sprintdampers.co.uk

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers lloydie, i had to get a 50mm clamp for mine, i got it off of ebay, can't remember which company i got it from tho.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Just finished fitting the heated grips and switch. I hate the look of the Oxford type heated grips on a sports bike, and as a result I have avoided the benefits of being able to feel my hands on the 1st and last rides of the year :(

I finally found the solution of having warm hands and sports grips using the Symtec heated grip kit. Which go under your normal grips

Then fitted some new dual compound Renthal grips on top

You can just see the heater wire beside the throttle cables

Then made up a switch bracket

Just waiting for the eastern beaver relay & harness to come in from Japan
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/ ... grips.html

Very happy with the result from a fitting and looks, but havnt got the tank back on so no test runs.

Price of the heater kit is a bit high in uk at £43, especially when they are about $35 in USA, and I could have reused my standard Honda grips, but was time to refresh them anyway.
AMcQ
chric

Post by chric »

What are the grips soft or medium and are they any better than originals.
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

chric wrote:What are the grips soft or medium and are they any better than originals.
Soft on the top (the grey bit) and hard below the (black) and they feel a bit softer than std, and nice and grippy to touch.

As I said, I havnt been out to ride, and unless there is a dry day with no salt on the road, I won't be testing them till spring.
AMcQ
chric

Post by chric »

Pity there not black though been looking on ebay and the soft i can only find in grey.Unless your know otherwise
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i've heard the soft renthal grips don't last very long, so it'll be interesting to see how you get on with them.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!