what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by benny hedges »

aw yeh i had to turn that off on my fone, it was randomly swapping correctly spelled words for totally out of context words... at least now if i make a mistake its my mistake! :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

kicked the cat off it for the umpteenth time in the garage
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

took delivery of my cbr600f4i brakes
so i gave them a strip down and clean and a good service
then rebuilt them using new s/s bolts
and fitted them
then fitted the master cylinder and put my spazo lever on
i just need to bleed them now
and as a bonus they cam fitted with new hh sintered pads
i was surprised with just how much bigger the pistons are in the f4i calipers compared to the firestorms
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Looks good. Are these calipers a straight swap with the originals then?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

if you have fireblade forks
but on the vtr forks it only take a little modification
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looks good lloydie, your making me jealous, i think this might be an upgrade on my bike next year, and your working the edge of your racetecs nicely fella :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:looks good lloydie, your making me jealous, i think this might be an upgrade on my bike next year, and your working the edge of your racetecs nicely fella :lol:
i cant take credit for that as they are scubs :oops:
i know you will keep an eye on the bay for a good set :lol:
its an easy and cheep mod well it was for me :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i was thinking of cbr954 calipers and master cylinder, it would be a straight fit on mine, i can only imagine they would be alot better than firestorm brakes, what do you think lloydie?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Will they go onto the USD 954 front end on BSM's bike? Are they a major improvement over the Blade brakes?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Will they go onto the USD 954 front end on BSM's bike? Are they a major improvement over the Blade brakes?
hmmmm thats why i think i might be better off going for the 954 brakes kev........... :idea:
the cbr600's should be ok because the vtr brakes fit ok
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I bought a set of 954 brakes to go with the front end, but if this combination is beneficial I might trade the 954 bits for these. I just wonder whether the spacing on the calipers would be right.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hmmm i wouldn't be sure about the spacing, but as my forks/wheel and discs are all from a 954 i would have thought the spacing wouldn't be a problem.
at the mo kev i've only got the standard storm calipers and master cylinder, i have just emailed a fella on ebay to see what his best price is on 2x cbr600 calipers and the master cylinder, so i'll see what he comes back with price wise, because he's a breakers i don't think he will be cheap enough tho. i'm interested if you want to do a deal on the cbr954 brakes you have mate, send me a p.m if you fancy a deal of some sorts mate....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It won't be until the front end is swapped over Marty, and to be honest I reckon the calipers and MC from the 954 will give me the best compromise, so I will probably stick with them. Unless it comes to light that another option is better, and then you would probably be better off following the same advice.
:beer:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

are you going with a cbr954 front end aswell then kev? is so remember the forks are shorter and you will need bar risers of some sort buddy..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

bigspanishmarty wrote:are you going with a cbr954 front end aswell then kev? is so remember the forks are shorter and you will need bar risers of some sort buddy..... :thumbup:
or fit the standard dogbones upside down like mine and lower the rear - ask tony how small my bike is lol
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.