what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

benny hedges wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:are you going with a cbr954 front end aswell then kev? is so remember the forks are shorter and you will need bar risers of some sort buddy..... :thumbup:
or fit the standard dogbones upside down like mine and lower the rear - ask tony how small my bike is lol
beacause the forks are shorter they barely fit thru the yokes, so i needed to get some riser clip ons that attach under the yokes and raise the bars up to there normal position, so by doing what you have done benny would i be able to lower the yokes even more to allow normal clip ons to fit? bare in mind i'm 6ft would ground clearance be an issue?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

dunno m8... i did it by accident when i changed the rear spring.
i thought it was cos the spring was shorter but no, the linkage can be fitted upside down and it drops the seat height considerably and makes a nice difference with the front dropped and stiffer springs.
mine handles superbly btw, in fact id go as far as saying it holds its line better than the sp. 8O
obviously not an option with standard pegs due to ground clearance but might be worth a play if you have rear sets and shorter forks :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

benny hedges wrote:dunno m8... i did it by accident when i changed the rear spring.
i thought it was cos the spring was shorter but no, the linkage can be fitted upside down and it drops the seat height considerably and makes a nice difference with the front dropped and stiffer springs.
mine handles superbly btw, in fact id go as far as saying it holds its line better than the sp. 8O
obviously not an option with standard pegs due to ground clearance but might be worth a play if you have rear sets and shorter forks :thumbup:
i have the very high spondon rearsets that were made to fit the frame, so that shouldn't be a problem.......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Yes mate, I bought the front end before I bought the VTR! I have refurbished the brakes and yokes (triples) and I am in the process of fitting K-Tech springs more suited to my weight. I am holding off with the bars as yet having followed Seb's lead. He fitted a 954 front and got away with using stock bars, however if this fails I like the look of the Woodcraft risers. I am doing the work myself so it needs to wait for time to be allocated, hopefully in early Jan.
I have Goodridge hoses, carbon guard with the line mounts fitted and various other bits which should make it easier to fit but I am expecting a few issues, such is the law of sod. For instance waiting for my powder coater to match the colour of my engine (bronze) and coat my 954 front wheel and spare VTR rear wheel.
All of the mods I have done so far, and intend to do, are reversible and I have kept all the original bits so I can do so if required.
OCD, me sir, no sir, how very dare you.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good man kev, i don't know how seb got away with using standard clip ons, not unless he cut a chunk of fairing out, i went for cheap danmoto risers from china £75 but to be fair they are giving me a bit of grief. i will be getting my forks re sprung next year, did you get the k tec springs off of ebay for £99?
i might just add thicker oil for now tho. i've also got a carbon front mudguard/carbonadi engine covers/carbon frame and tank protectors/carbon dash and yoke covers, and i'm thinking of getting my newish fairing lowers carbon dipped in the new year, i know whats going to happen, i'll get the bike looking the nuts and some tw@ will have me off again :lol:
roll on next spring buddy............ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Going through K-Tech direct to get the weight correct for the springs. I will offer up the front end and decide whether or not the bars are an option or not. I am making a set of brackets to move the rads back a few mm to give better lock.
Don't think along those lines BSM be positive fella, you've had your biggun.
:beer:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the lock on mine seems ok, its just the bars you have to watch, getting a finger squished between the tank and bars is an issue also. how much are k-tec charging for the springs mate? after seeing the new fellas fireblade bodywork i was thinking how i like the look of it......
lets hope that was my biggie kev, i couldn't handle much bigger.... :lol:
i can't wait till next spring, although i might have to wait and see what happens with my insurance, i'll be going to court in the new year because the third party is denighing all liability, to think all he wants to do is protect his no claims bonus, doesn't care that his actions almost killed a man. just shows you what people are like these days i suppose. that and bloody insurance companies, can't live with em can't ride without em.......... :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I had an accident on my previous bike in April 2010. The dopey driver of the other car entered a roundabout I was already on and took my front wheel away. All reported at the scene, police attended along with ambulance, however it took a year for the enemy to pay out and it looked as if it was going to court before they finally acknowledged fault. As far as I could make out it was the insurance company holding out and making things difficult, not the other driver.
Just a long drawn out way of saying keep your chin up mate, it may turn around prior to the court date.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the same thing happened with the police, they tried to do me riding without due care and attention, 4 days before court they dropped it because of no evidense, they just try and call your bluff, i'm prepaired to go to court anyways, it's just how long it takes , because theres over a years worth of lose of earning involved it will be a few quid which they don't want to pay out...........i'll get there in the end, i don't ever want to ride with tpft again, its full comp or nothing for me, one of the biggest mistakes of my life............all for tha sake of saving a few hundred quid, live an learn....... :whatever
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Kev L wrote:I had an accident on my previous bike in April 2010. The dopey driver of the other car entered a roundabout I was already on and took my front wheel away. All reported at the scene, police attended along with ambulance,
Thats pretty much what happened to me in the summer except the fooker didn't stop. Luckily the bike wasn't too badly damaged and the great members of this forum rallied round to help me get back on the road :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Jazzscot wrote:
Kev L wrote:I had an accident on my previous bike in April 2010. The dopey driver of the other car entered a roundabout I was already on and took my front wheel away. All reported at the scene, police attended along with ambulance,
Thats pretty much what happened to me in the summer except the fooker didn't stop. Luckily the bike wasn't too badly damaged and the great members of this forum rallied round to help me get back on the road :thumbup:
Just goes to show mate, it comes down to your luck on the day. I did learn something from my experience though, when I took out my insurance at the start of the year the accident occured in (with Express I think) I checked that legal cover was included before taking the quote. When the accident occured I had a loss adjuster come to visit and when we examined the policy it showed legal cover restricted to representation at a trial for death by dangerous driving
:wtf:
It wasn't an issue as I took out a £5 legal cover after the event, which was incorporated in the compo package. But I do check out the extent of the cover now.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

its like walking into a gay bar, you gotta cover your butt especially where insurance companies are concerned....... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

benny hedges wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:are you going with a cbr954 front end aswell then kev? is so remember the forks are shorter and you will need some sort of buddy..... :thumbup:
or fit the standard dogbones upside down like mine and lower the rear - ask tony how small my bike is lol
Yes, by all accounts Benny's is quite small.

And his rear is lowered.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i prefer the rear up in the air, it just makes it easier to access........ :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Given your previous post I feel you may be entering dangerous territory. OOOhh err missus, fnarr fnarr....