The final Big G.T. update

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Firestormin

The final Big G.T. update

Post by Firestormin »

Firstly can I say thanks to all those still showing support for this little run out. There's been a good deal more enthusiasm on this site of late than there has on the MCN site!!!

The meeting is still on Sunday 19th October, kick off at 11am, but due to the devastating fire at the National Motorcycle Museum :cry: I've changed the 'meeting venue' to The Arrow Mill Hotel, Arrow, Alcester, Warwickshire!

It's not that far from the original meeting point and has a large carpark. They have a Bike Meet every Sunday evening from 6pm so they shouldn't have a problem with us all being there on a sunday lunchtime.

Plan is then to either;

a) Take a proper rideout toward Worcester, Pershore, Evesham Moreton on the Marsh and finishing in Stratford at the bike friendly pub near the waterfront.

or

b) Take an easy ride up the see what's left of the National Motorcycle Museum (2 halls left and still open apparently!) pay our respects and make any donations if you fancy helping out, then on to Stratford to meet at aforementioned watering hole.

I realise that some of you are traveling some distance to get to the meet in the first place so happy to take a vote on who wants to do what.

Look forward to seeing as many of you there that can possibly make it. Just make sure I'm not there on me own!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cheers

Jim

P.S. Keep ya fingers crossed for the weather too!!! :confused
yarni10

Post by yarni10 »

I'm there, anyone going from Aylesbury ???
steve

Post by steve »

Hi Guys,
I'm easy, either way, long as i get out on me bike, i'm not bothered where i end up!

Anyone want to arrange a meet up? i'm in camberley, not a million miles from aylesbury!!!!

cheers

steve
steve
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Ill still be there. I dont mind what we do - Im just happy to not be at work!!

Cheers
Wayne
andy c

Post by andy c »

I'll be coming and dont mind what we do either
andyh

Storm Gathering.

Post by andyh »

Count me in, I'll be there.

andyh
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

I'll be there lads

Is the pub you're talking about the one next to Ragley hall where the proprietor has his own helicopter. If so its a great place and the landlord is really pro biker.

I reckon we stick around the Stratford/Worcester area as roads around there are great and pretty quiet like the A422. As much as i'd like to go to the Motorcycle museum the run up there won't be as good but it obviously depends on the consensus.

See you all there soon. :lol:
Si
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

I'l definetly be there.
Leaving Banbury about 1/2 past 9 to 10ish. Allready meeting up with Tyrant but if anyone else has Banbury on their route and fancies some company we could meet at Banbury cross (middle of the town). and ride on from there.
All the best
Phil
Firestormin

Post by Firestormin »

Spot on Sij! :wink: It is the Pub at Ragley hall with the helicopter outside. Not been there myself but heard abit about it and there's a petrol station next to the roundabout 500 yrds away!! :roll:

Pub in the middle of Stratford is the Pen and Parchment, 'real' bikers pub :wink: and usually got a fair collection outside. If the weather's good and we run out of space, the local council have a purpose built bike park round the corner by the multi storey so plenty of overflow.

Well at least there'll be a dozen or so of us there which is a good start! :D :D :D
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Newbee tagalong

Post by Pete.L »

Hi all. Ive been login on as a guest user for about a month and found it quite refreshing to find some other stormers out there of alike minds. I love to tag along on your little jaunt if there's room for another. :?:Pete
andy c

Post by andy c »

anyone from around the leicester / coventry area fancy meeting up for the ride there ?
andyh

Storm Gathering

Post by andyh »

Hi andy c,
If you fancy comin down Southam way I'll ride across with you, I know a wicked twisty road to there.
Send me a PM

cheers andyh.
Firestormin

Post by Firestormin »

Hi Pete

Welcome aboard. Feel free to join in particularly if your on a storm, the more the merrier!

Cheers J :wink:
Anyone seen the plot!?
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

Andy C

May well be up for meeting up as i'll just come across the A5 to you.

Keep me posted what you guys are doing.
Si
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Sorry for the confusion it comes with great age. I'm meeting Dynamite not Tyrant at Banbury for the GT. Will the Southam crew be coming anywhere near |Banbury?