powerbronze auxiliary brake light!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
cashy

powerbronze auxiliary brake light!

Post by cashy »

Just got this new rascal £20 catologue page 94, looks great in their catologue it can fit across the top edge of your hugger as an extra brake light!

But theres a slight problem, I' worse than crap at techy things can anyone tell me which wires( and colours of such) I need to splice the 2 wires off the light to to get this thing to light with brakes, I've found what will make it light all the time but not when brakes on!!! :oops:

Then I've just got to feed all the wiring through

Ta
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The live wires on my '99 UK model for the rear brake light are green and yellow. You can see them going to both bulbs just behind the rear light itself, with the seat removed.

Chris.
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

just wire it to rear brake light switch 8O can't get wrong wire that way :D
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Aha. Must be as fitted to the Rascal 388!

http://www.morethanmobility.co.uk/products/23

Have you the link to page 94?
I suspect that a brake light as low as across the hugger would benefit motorcycling pixies but your average car /4 x 4 driver sits much higher than that so it is not so practical.

Higher up so more practical is this?
http://www.feustopcasque.com/index.php?lang=en
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
cashy

Post by cashy »

Don't know how to do those link thingy's!

Bob as I said before I only ride the bike very badly, can you tell me where is the switch and what does it look like?

I hate having to rely on a mate to do things for me all the time and as I'm off this week would love for him to come round at the weekend and I can boast, done it myself well almost, he don't know I use the site :oops:

Ta
lee67

Post by lee67 »

rear brake light switch is down by your right foot as u sit on the bike...a 3 " long switch with 2 wires coming from it, with the threaded part below attaching to the brake lever via a large spring :wink: ..just attach the wires from the light direct to that..check make sure light works when u press lever, if all working secure wiring under frame/bodywork as neccesary..job done
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

only one wire can go to switch lee, it live in/live out of the switch theres no earth to switch.
sent pm cashy.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

as bob says then lol...u learn summat everyday, alltho ive never had cause to wire owt to switch :wink: always gone direct to wiring in lamp holder :)