Insurance, Bennets / norwich union.

Best deals in town
chuxsta

Insurance, Bennets / norwich union.

Post by chuxsta »

just a quick FYI for any one about to get or renew their insurance.

looking for insurance for my first storm stumbled on bennets with a silly low price on fully comp. they found norwich union..
and even they were shocked at how low it was for me.
i have not rode for over 2 years, and never owned above a 600. and im 32 oh and have still have 3 speeding points on my license
they quoted £180 fully comp, the next closest was around £600-700.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

well as it stands this bike is mod free, infact the pre owner hardly rode it.. just under 9k miles in 5 years...
oh i tell a like he put some gash bright green wheel trim sticker on it and its a blue storm..

and no doubt my insurance will rocket when i get it in my garage and set about it!!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

One thing to remember about Bennetts is that they do not provide 3rd party cover for riding another bike.

Gavin
kevg

Post by kevg »

i got a quote from bennets of £121 for my storm, but when i told them the list of mods they wouldn't even quote and transfered me to three other companies who were car companies and the muppets didn't even know what half the mods were i was trying to describe to them.
i ended up going with ebike, easy website to get the mods sorted on, had everything i needed and the only drawback is your stuck to the one bike. think it was about £180ish...can't remember going a bit forgetfull in my old age... :oops:
cheerz

kev
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

yeah i know what your saying about them..
i have always gone via motorcycle direct and they have always sorted me out over the last 10 years but for a stock storm and my current situation bennets did some thing right for once.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

FirestormMike wrote:Bennetts gave me a ridiculous low quote too, £100 fully comp. when I told them about mods, it soon went up to £564
gone with another company that did it with mods for £260
Who was that with mate?
Just had my renewal through - £166
Got a few quotes under £100 but with mods this went up to £140 with a £500 excess! :evil:

Whats really pissed me off about it is the 3 big items (Penske shock, Remus cans and Blade front end) are no more expensive than standard VTR parts at Honda prices
:evil:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
wacky

Post by wacky »

I'm with Bennetts, they did a quote of £100 fully comp, which was good.

I phoned them up today to tell them about the blue flame cans, they said that the insurance charge didn;t change (with NU) but that there was a £25 administration fee from Bennetts to issue new documentation. WTF !!!

Quote, "If you read the fine print sir, it's all explained", oh sure !!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

insurance my fav topic....dont wanna upset anyone, but mines £64 full comp with mods declared, garunteed payout, breakdown cover inc:...but thats 24 yrs no claims in theory and over 40 years of age(just):D
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

lee67 wrote:insurance my fav topic....dont wanna upset anyone, but mines £64 full comp with mods declared, garunteed payout, breakdown cover inc:...but thats 24 yrs no claims in theory and over 40 years of age(just):D
24 years no claims? do you push your bike every where?
lee67

Post by lee67 »

been riding legally for 24 yrs with no claims/accidents etc...and no ive been known to ride like an hooligan, mindst u, u have to, to keep with bob sometimes lol........im guess im a natural..same with car no problems in 22 yrs...and never had points on either :D