Rather Loud

General Bike chat
Doddmaster

Post by Doddmaster »

I have carbon Harpoon cans on mine, they were on it when i bought it. It sounds very nice at low revs, but it sounds a bit tinny if you hold the revs at about 5k
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

You could try a set of the Quill T3s. They have a ball on a return spring which closes up and acts like a baffle at low revs, but when you open it up a little the ball moves and its basically a race pipe. Best of both worlds really.

I have renegade titaniums which sounds quite decent. I've filtered past a few police cars on the morning commute without any problems even though they are pretty loud.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
nobbyk

Road Legal Cans

Post by nobbyk »

Try these Remus Titanium high levels. Make a nice sound after 1000 miles. a little expensive though! £610.00 fitted!
Remember, never put off till t'moz what you can do today. If you do it today, you can do it again t'moz!! Just a thought!
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

*If* I could afford some new cans (i.e., could somehow sucker the accountant-wife into approving the expenditure), I would fit some Zorst Sports Silencers, which have adjustable baffles.
Check them out here:
http://www.yellowpages.co.nz/for/motorc ... 29923.html
They made my stainless steel megaphones for the VF500 (they were schweet), and while the quality of those could have been better, I've seen their "Sports Silencer" and they're *very* nice.

But I'm a Cheap Bastid [TM] so I'm making do with the bafflectomied and slightly quietened OEM mufflers, at least until Mr Plod throws a spazz at me and makes me hush them up.

Things are getting quite tight here in EnZed with noisy exhausts, but it's still possible to pass the WOF test if you go to the right dealer or testing station for the test.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.