Opie Oils - Club Discounts

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
NuttyTart

Opie Oils - Club Discounts

Post by NuttyTart »

Ive linked my forum to this Oil suppliers site, they're doing discounts for clubs and online bike forums. So thought the Admin might be interested in setting up a membership for the Firestormers, it takes a couple of days to complete the registration at their end.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/bike-clubs.aspx
kevg

Post by kevg »

Filled the form out, will let everyone know when it's active... :wink:
they also say they can supply help over oil issues so i selected this and we'll see what they offer
cheerz

kev
kevg

Post by kevg »

Got this mail from them, thats us set up as a club/forum on their website, so we can all get discounts:

Dear Kev,

Thankyou for your application. I'm pleased to tell you that your club has been added to our list and I have added a link on our clubs page to your site. Once signed in, your members can now enjoy discounts on all our products.

This is a great incentive so I hope you'll spread the word to them on our behalf!

I am waiting to receive a signup confirmation email from you - once I get this I will put up a Oil Advice thread.

Thanks again for showing your support, I hope you enjoy the website.

Best Regards,

Tom.

Once Kaz or 'soop gets them regged in here i'm sure someone will be along to say hi, i've had a look on the site and they offer about 10% or so discount on their oils and filters, they also do spark plugs and some accessories.
cheerz

kev
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Oilman i presume? It's done.
Rich.

kevg

Post by kevg »

Yup, thats the chap...thanks matey.
cheerz

kev
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Could we make this a 'Sticky' so it don't get lost?
shaun1978

Post by shaun1978 »

I've used these for quite a while via a car club and usually get stuff next day , they usually do a lot of special offers as well :)
Max

Re: Opie Oils - Club Discounts

Post by Max »

Ordered 2 x 4litre Mobil 1 for motorcycles yesterday arrived today almost £20 cheaper than anywhere local
Max

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Had a look on Opie's site, our name had dropped off the list (with everything after S) but it's back now.

I noticed that they don't have an oil filter option listed for Storms, apparently they can't do one at present but are looking into it.

But they list Silkolene V-Twin oil; it's a semi-synth 10/40W recommended for V-twins, but mentions Harleys etc. I've e-mailed Fuchs-Silkolene for an opinion as to whether this oil will be appropriate for water-cooled higher-revving bikes such as Storms, and will post their reply.

Has anyone tried it?

Otherwise Power One is £25.18 inc VAT for four litres, either 10/40 or 10/30, which seems fair.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Re:

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

shaun1978 wrote:I've used these for quite a while via a car club and usually get stuff next day , they usually do a lot of special offers as well :)
+1 Same as Shaun, good service from them, also very plesant on the phone.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

This topic has been moved, to the "Workshop" section,

Chris.