Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

General Bike chat
captainkirk11

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

Post by captainkirk11 »

Took out the new "Factory" Aprilia for an hour's test ride yesterday and was not as impressed as I thought considering all the glowing test reports in the mags.
The bike seat is a little bit higher than the standard storm and the pegs higher but once on the move it all works well. Unlike my storm which pulls like a train from 2500 but runs out of steam at the very top this was not doing f*ck all below 4000 which meant dropping down to overtake and when wound open if that's 140 bhp then I must have an exceptional storm (15 tooth sprocket?) because it was accelerating no faster than mine and I'm not joking !! The radial brembo brakes were awesome, and the bike's ability to alter it's line when leant over in a bend really impressed me, seemed that I could take any line and change my mind and pull it in or move it out wide....real confidence building ! more gear. Lovely exhaust noise and I love the faired rear indicators, pity I couldn't see nuffink behind with those mirrors.When you've got the sun behind it's difficult to see the speedo and there's no fuel gauge, but there are lap counters and all sorts, I think I'd rather know how much petrol I've got !
Only £10500 for the Aprilia but I can buy a new pre reg Storm for£4999,
think I'll stick with my Storm :D :D