Spain for Christmas

General Bike chat
rattler

Spain for Christmas

Post by rattler »

I'm thinking of spending Christmas and New Year in Spain, Denia & surrounding area to be precise but don't really fancy the ride all the way there because the roads down there are great & I'd rather not be crippled by an almost 2k mile ride in 48 hours to get there.

Anyone got any ideas or contacts for a train from Paris down to Barcelona or Valencia maybe??

Thanks

Rattler.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Hi Rattler,

Have you considered the Plymouth-Santander ferry crossing. Takes about twenty four hours but is good fun and the bars open most of the time :lol: :lol:

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
welshy

Post by welshy »

Yeah, its a good crossing. You can visit lovely plymouth and drop in for a cuppa at mine as well!
Welshy :-)
Bikeless :-(
rattler

Post by rattler »

Hadn't thought about it but will now - thanks

Visiting Plymouth will be a giggle too so I might just take you up on that Welshy.

Rattler
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Brittany Ferries is buying a new faster boat for the Spain route.

The crossing time will reduce from 24 to 18 hours. You can pick up the first available sailing dates and times for this high speed service at http://www.TouringEurope.org

I used the 24 hour Brit Ferry last year. The time passed by very quickly. Great evening caberet too. Only trouble was getting off the boat at 9.00 am the following morning. Bit early for me. But boy, are those spanish roads stunning.
rattler

Post by rattler »

Bollox. Plymouth to Santander seems to be off the menu between November & March when they get the new ship up & running so its back to the drawing board.

Portsmouth to Bilbao isn't operating January & February either....

Anyone got any other ideas?? All suggestions gratefully received.