tyre repairs..

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
benny hedges

Re: tyre repairs..

Post by benny hedges »

Twinpotter wrote:
Then I found this:
http://londonbikers.com/news/3039/punct ... e-you-flat
Sweet.
wtf??? that's a bit alright innit??? :crazy:
do you have to send it off tho or just take it to an avon dealer?
sort of sets them ahead of other brands imo :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Hi Benny

I went back to the dealer and bought a replacement before I found out about the warranty so I had to ring the dealer (Universal Tyres) quick to have them keep it rather than dispose of it.Then I phoned Cooper Avon and spoke with Sharon, who advised me to have the dealer complete a return form (which you need to sign). S.O.P is that CA will collect the tyre for inspection and provided it is within the warranty terms (less than 1mm of tread expended), you'll be refunded the cost of the tyre in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted on how long it takes.

When you fit an Avon, make sure you get the Warranty Card with your receipt as it seems that not all dealers are aware of it.

Indeed it's great Avon are doing this and the tyres themselves (Storm 2 Ultras) are awesome.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

An Update

Success. I was refunded for the tyre that was submitted under warranty this afternoon. :thumbup:

And it took quite a while due to procedural differences between Avon and the participating dealer (Universal Tyres, Dunstable). Avon's Service department (very helpful) told me that participating dealers should actually inspect and replace submitted tyres that meet the warranty terms (and subsequently receive a stock replacement from Avon) whereas Universal charged for the replacement and said I'd be refunded (for the tyre only) once they have received the replacement item from Avon - in my case after about four weeks. So it's worth checking with the dealer so you'll know or not whether you have to pay up front for the replacement - which according to Avon, you shouldn't.

Kudos to Shirley and Ken at Avon :thumbup:
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Result :thumbup:
SP1's rock!