Separate horse Rant!

General Biker Banter
Beamish

Separate horse Rant!

Post by Beamish »

For Alan again (no grief just my opinion), I had to commute between Lincs and Malton every weekend for 3yrs and apart from the Race Horse areas where you expect horses to be on the carraigeway there are too many nags on tight A-Roads travelling at 3-6mph 8O a thirty MPH road with a gradual bend with opposing traffic +one horse = accident. Must have seen it 10 times in the space of a year, the driver sees the horse and takes a very wide berth, horse becomes skittish and then traffic arrives in opposite direction. Its a farce! If your motorbike power commander had settings of Skittish/lets stop and eat grass/fook the rider I am off.......... it would be outlawed.
I Dont expect anyone to agree its just a rant..... :lol: I lived in north Yorks for many years (money and Horses are invincible) always the drivers fault!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

:lol:

My sister-in-law has a horse down near Bristol and I have had many an enjoyable argument over the fact that Horses are more dangerous than bikes :D
andyh

Post by andyh »

Your right, dozens of the buggers around here to, most of them ridden by little kids. The Frogs have got the right idea though, cut them up into steaks and eat um with a nice bottle of red :lol:

8O Oops.... I mean the nags not the kids :!:
pariah

Post by pariah »

Can any one tell me if horse riders that use the public highway have any kind of insurance .
also what gives them the right to just put there hand up and walk into on coming traffic as I witnessed 3 girls doing on a round about on a dual track road. the A449 actually
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I DONT disagree that horses are more dangerous, unpredictable, skitish on the road, have a mind of there own etc etc thats why i dont ride ours :lol: :lol: i prefer my hand on the throttle at least i know how to slow down all i was saying or trying to say was the difference between the laws of horse sh1t and dog sh1t lol lol and the fact that car drivers and bikers should give horse riders more respect on the road ive seen accidents involving horses my wife included who broke bones and got internal bleeding and friends who have had serious accidents due to cars us as bikers have hard enough time with the numpty's on the road put yourself in the horse and riders shoes i think you would agree 100% with what im saying.

yes riding horses on the road is dangerous even at 3 to 6 mph but riding a bike at 100mph which im sure you've done at some point is just as dangerous and illegal :lol: :lol: :wink:
alan

Post by alan »

pariah wrote:Can any one tell me if horse riders that use the public highway have any kind of insurance .
also what gives them the right to just put there hand up and walk into on coming traffic as I witnessed 3 girls doing on a round about on a dual track road. the A449 actually
yes mate most responsible horse owners have insurance which will cover them from accidents to vets fees et etc cant comment on the hand up situation you witnessed but ive had it done to me while out on bike with mates but i always stop anyway when i see them like i say respect and road manners cost nothing does it???

andy yeah horse meats ok ive eaten it years ago but wouldnt now

to kaz WHY???

While were outlawing horses on the road which do have the right to be there who have insurance whoare a form of transport wether you like it or not the queen seems to agree as she travels by them :lol: why not outlaw all the fecking cyclists too they dont pay tax, insurance and are fecking pain in the butt
Last edited by alan on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyh

Post by andyh »

After we've all picked on the cyclists, can we have a go at the real scum of the highway......walkers.................... :lol:
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Lets face it when oil runs out in 20 years time we'll all be involved in a thread about the colour of our horses and whether a black one is faster than a chestnut :lol:

I like to see horses on the road, I wouldn't ride one on the road but I've nothing against them being there.
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: well that stupid gay walk they do they deserve to be hung drawn and quarter
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

clayderman wrote:Lets face it when oil runs out in 20 years time we'll all be involved in a thread about the colour of our horses and whether a black one is faster than a chestnut :lol:

I like to see horses on the road, I wouldn't ride one on the road but I've nothing against them being there.
Never! :evil: :evil: :evil: We will be riding wheelchairs before the oil runs out :lol: :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
adfski

Post by adfski »

It's all just intolerance :evil:

I'm sure horse riders would much rather be riding on lovely green lanes rather than risking their lives and wrecking the hooves on their beasties.

IMO more horses and pushbikes and walkers all round. More freedom to enjoy all forms of transport on green lanes and the public highway and less "lets ban this" type of shite attitude.

I can't stand this modern affliction of calling for the banning of things because their SLIGHTLY ANNOYING!! :twisted: :twisted:

Its walkers and horse riders with EXACTLY the same attitude that has forced off road bikes off the tracks. And there are large parts of the population ho feel the same about motorbikes and smoking and loud music and partying and all the stuff that I enjoy. (except the smoking - gave it up)

TOLERATE these little things and get on with your life!
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Whatever!..its good fun to ride anything these days lol
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

sparrowlegs wrote:Whatever!..its good fun to ride anything these days lol
Errm,...should you really be telling us that :?: :lol: :lol:
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I'm not shy lol..i ride me VTR me horse and a mountain bike ...i'm married so nowt else ....lmao
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

Its the red sock briggade that p*ss me off out on the trails on the mountain bke,Horse riders if you give a bit of respect & slow down so you don't scare the horse usually gets you mutual respect.Its the red socks that want the trails to themselves,ban everything else ,bikes, 4x4,horses anything that don't wear red socks & hiking boots.
On the road i apply the same rules with horse riders,even whip the clutch til im well past (lost a mate once when his car hit a stray horse,completely crushed the roof into the seats) .dont fancy my chances on a bike.
However if a flock of red socks appears on the horizon then they should not be there & deserve to be scared out of their sweaty red socks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: