exhaust baffles

General Bike chat
solorider

exhaust baffles

Post by solorider »

ive took all the baffles out of my 4 port blue flame silencers,havnt had a chance to ride the bike today but hopefully tomorrow,do you think the bike will be a bit louder than with all the baffles in ?
Andy1671

baffles

Post by Andy1671 »

OH YES A LOT

I did the same when i had the monster and the neighbours say that was louder than the storm with "not for road use"cans :lol: :lol:
I have reverse paranoia I think i am following somebody
solorider

Post by solorider »

i took out the blanks last week,now i have taken out the upper 2
Big_Ham

Post by Big_Ham »

Get them out, I think baffles should be outlawed, straight through ftw. :lol:
solorider

Post by solorider »

a bloke at work said to me after starting my bike up " i bet your neighbours love you with them exhausts on" ,that was before i took the upper baffles out :D
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

Big_Ham wrote:Get them out, I think baffles should be outlawed, straight through ftw. :lol:
hear F***ing hear!!!!!

not only do love your bike more with them out, it saves lives FACT!!!
i have not had one dumb ass mr or mrs mcgoo step out infront of me cause they couldnt see or hear me...
would much rather some old trout moan at me for how loud my bike is than moan at me for nearly running her over cause she cant see for looking.

when weaving through traffic like a kamikazi dispatch rider rev the spuds off it with lots of over run back fire lights on full beam.. you see cars 10+ ahead pulling over ready for you to pass..
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

oh n i forgot to mention..
maybe i have just been lucky or been knicked stopped followed by deaf transport police..

when i got knicked for speeding i had to start up my bike and pull off with a transport copper stood about half a meter from the rear of my bike..
have been followed on several occasions by various types of police units.
have even stopped and asked one for directions home after they closed my route home from a crash, at this point there were 30 + police every where.

cause i have got used to them i dont think they are loud, but a lady friend i hooked up with the weekend had to turn up her stereo while i followed her cause she couldnt hear it with me behind her.. :D
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

a lady friend i hooked up with the weekend had to turn up her stereo while i followed her cause she couldnt hear it with me behind her.

Couldn't she take out her I-Pod earpieces while you were doing it doggie fashion then?
Maybe that's not what you meant. 8O

I'll get my coat....................... :roll:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

LotusSevenMan wrote:a lady friend i hooked up with the weekend had to turn up her stereo while i followed her cause she couldnt hear it with me behind her.

Couldn't she take out her I-Pod earpieces while you were doing it doggie fashion then?
Maybe that's not what you meant. 8O

I'll get my coat....................... :roll:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

i wrote that while at work so was in work mode and didnt cross my mind..
:oops:
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

LotusSevenMan wrote:a lady friend i hooked up with the weekend had to turn up her stereo while i followed her cause she couldnt hear it with me behind her.

:lol: :lol:

I think loud pipes on a V twin offend less anyway as the tone is deeper...Mine only go in now at MOT time :roll: 8)