Best full systems?

General Bike chat
speedfreek

Best full systems?

Post by speedfreek »

Hey gang,

What are your opinions on full exhaust systems for the VTR?
I'm new to the bike and know very little about what's out
there in the way of exhaust systems.

I'm looking for something to increase HP but not something so
loud I'll go deaf, or so expensive I'll go broke! :lol:

Any advice would be appreciated..
8) TJ 8)
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

Have you considered doing it in parts? Two Brothers makes headers that can be added to their slip-ons. As far as I know, Two Brothers is the only exhaust company that does that, and they only do it for the VTR1000. You can buy the slip-ons first, and then add the headers later to make it a full system. Two Brothers pipes are a little loud though. I have them on my VTR and I like them a lot.

I work at a motorcycle shop, let me know what pipes you decide on. Maybe I can get you a good deal! :D
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
--------------------------------------
DD

Post by DD »

Ok...... So my question is does changing the headers from standard make any difference to any thing?
I have Scorpion race cans, would I notice a change if I replaced the headers, after all thay are only a pipe.
cheers Darryl
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

Well, I guess it depends on what you want. At work I tell most guys to stick with Slip-ons. On our bike, the header is really noticable. After 40,000 miles on my VTR the stock header is starting to look crappy. I want full polished stainless steel headers for looks, and for performance.

The other thing is the stock header on the VTR has a little "restricter" on the right hand pipe. If you take off the right hand Slip-on and look down the tube, you can see it. If you want to save a buck, use a dremel and cut that bit out.
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
speedfreek

more on exhaust..

Post by speedfreek »

thehazmatguy wrote:Have you considered doing it in parts?
Interesting idea..
Two Brothers makes headers that can be added to their slip-ons. As far as I know, Two Brothers is the only exhaust company that does that, and they only do it for the VTR1000.
Hmmm.. I'll investigate. I've heard that quality can be an issue
with TBR exhausts.
You can buy the slip-ons first, and then add the headers later to make it a full system.
Didn't know that, thanks for the tip! :D
Two Brothers pipes are a little loud though. I have them on my VTR and I like them a lot.
Ahhh.. I want a bit more volume, but not super loud. I have
Jardine RT-One's on my Blackbird and something akin to that tone
and performance would be perfect for the Superhawk.
I work at a motorcycle shop, let me know what pipes you decide on. Maybe I can get you a good deal! :D
That would be great bud!! Thanks!

What kind of deal can you get me on a Dynojet Kit and K&N
Air filter?

8) TJ 8)
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
Jasong70

Why not D&D

Post by Jasong70 »

Hey,

I've got D&D pipes made out of Ft Worth Texas, and I like them alot.

Might as well, only a few hundred miles away!

..and you don't need a full exhaust on the VTR. Won't make much of a diff. You can probably remove the restrictor out of the pipe if you want.
speedfreek

Restrictor

Post by speedfreek »

The other thing is the stock header on the VTR has a little "restricter" on the right hand pipe. If you take off the right hand Slip-on and look down the tube, you can see it. If you want to save a buck, use a dremel and cut that bit out.
Wow, thanks for the tip! Gotta get that little bugger out of there!!

8) TJ 8)
speedfreek

Re: Why not D&D

Post by speedfreek »

Jasong70 wrote:I've got D&D pipes made out of Ft Worth Texas, and I like them alot.
I visit the Dallas/Ft. Worth area from time to time :D

Can't do the D&D's though, they're a bit too loud for me. If
I do slipons, I'll probably do the Jardine High-mounts.. I've seen
some reasonable prices on the net..

(and the RT-One's are awesome on my Blackbird..)

8) TJ 8)
03suprchikn

Post by 03suprchikn »

Has anyone heard Remus on the VTR? I'm concidering buying those or the m4's. I was told by a rep for remus that the have a life time warrenty on their packing.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Hey Superchikn,
I have Remus on mine. Going fine, sounds great, lasts ages, wakes the neighbours, scares children, sets off the house alarm, are 5 years old, took a hit from a truck on the side, and still functioning...... need I say more ??
RQ.
speedfreek

Motorcycle discounts

Post by speedfreek »

thehazmatguy wrote:I work at a motorcycle shop, let me know what pipes you decide on. Maybe I can get you a good deal! :D
Ok, I think I'm gonna go with the Jardines "Hi-Mounts".
Here's the part number from Jardines: 16-1012-03

So far I've seen them for about $379.0 in a few places..
Lemme know what you can get them for..

Also, I'm interested in a DynoJet stage 1 kit and a K&N filter, so
let me know what you can do in that regard as well :D

Thanks!!
8) TJ 8)
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

Crap! I didn't see the part about the Jardine pipe.

If anyone is interested in the TBR headers, the part number is 005-7001n. This is ONLY for the headers, and this part number is not listed in any of their catalogs.

I got these prices for the VTR group:
DynoJet kit $65
Factory kit $74
Factory Pro kit $85
Factory Race kit $125

K&N filter $80
BMC filter $ ?

These prices include shipping in the cont. US

As far as what jet kit is best, I have no clue. I used the dynojet kit on mine and it seemed to work ok. The dynojet kit says you should drill the vac. slides, and I have heard that you don't with the Factory kit.

I have the K&N filter, and I didn't notice any change in performance. I wanted the BMC but I couldn't get my hands on one at the time. I know the BMC is more money, but I have heard that the BMC is better. The K&N filter has a three piece filter, and the BMC is a once piece. (?) I have had to take the airbox off a couple of times because one of the K&N rubber pieces fell into the carb! This sucks! Has this happened to anyone else??

Give me a call, I should be working tomorrow and I will see if I can get that Jardine set up for you: 1-800-391-2571
http://www.pipecity.com

So you guys know, I have been member of this forum for a long time, and I haven't offered any deals before. I hate when people come to forums trying to get business. I am about ready to leave PipeCity and go back to my real job (Hazardous Materials work) so I thought I would do what I could for the VTR forum.
speedfreek

Good Job

Post by speedfreek »

thehazmatguy wrote:I got these prices for the VTR group:
DynoJet kit $65
K&N filter $80
These prices include shipping in the cont. US
Count me in for a DJ kit & K&N filter. Tell me where I send
the $145 to and I'll give them my mailing address and stuff...

Just PM it to me if need be.
Give me a call, I should be working tomorrow and I will see if I can get that Jardine set up for you: 1-800-391-2571
http://www.pipecity.com
I'm still sitting on the fence about the Jardines, so I'm
not ready to order yet. Will let you know as soon as I am..
I thought I would do what I could for the VTR forum.
GOOD MAN! :D

8) TJ 8)
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

I did some checking around... those Jardines are cheap. Suspeciously cheap. They are almost half the cost of any other set of slip-ons. You might want to check them out.

If you want to buy any of that stuff, let me know. My name is Robert. You can call the number I posted to make arrangements, or follow the link to the website for PipeCity.

:-)
speedfreek

Cool!

Post by speedfreek »

thehazmatguy wrote:I did some checking around... those Jardines are cheap. Suspeciously cheap. They are almost half the cost of any other set of slip-ons. You might want to check them out.
Yep, I know, that's why I've been seriously looking into them.
The RT-One's I have on my CBR 1100XX are _awesome_. They
sound good, aren't loud, and gave me 5 extra HP over peak!

That's why I will probably get those high mounts for my 'Hawk.
Their build quality is quite good too!
If you want to buy any of that stuff, let me know. My name is Robert. You can call the number I posted to make arrangements, or follow the link to the website for PipeCity.:-)
Will do Bro! I'll give you a ring on monday and we can set up
the DJ kit and K&N deal. Thanks for the discount!!

8) TJ 8)