New Member ? Introduce Yourself Here

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

i hate computers if anyone knows how to compress the bl**dy thing so i can a pic of my bike on here it will be appreciated :x
speeding officer..... you sure?
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

obviously that didnt work but im working on it
:?
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

i like the colour would prefer red tho, i didnt choose the colour of the wheels i have the prev owner to thank for that, well im off to my local meet will check out more responses when i get back :D
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Standard cans as well :!: ,,cant be many of us on here with them ...if you do a search,you'll see there is a mod you can do for a wee..err..big,bit more noise :)
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

it did come with plain blueflame titanium oval cans but i sold them d'oh
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

firestormcrazy wrote:i like the colour would prefer red tho, i didnt choose the colour of the wheels i have the prev owner to thank for that, well im off to my local meet will check out more responses when i get back :D
Heh heh Red eh......the best and fastest. Nice bike mate but you sold the previously fitted Blue Flame exhausts !!! WTF!!!!!! Mistake IMHO. Have a look at some piccies for ideas then get those cans High level, add a lower fairing then it will look the mutts nuts. That would do for starters

like this

Or you can just enjoy the bike as is , they are a great road tool from the box but that Vtwin noise deserves FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

been looking on fleabay for the belly pan, i like the look on them and when i rode the bike home after buying it with those cans on u could hear me coming from 4 miles away according to my m8 lol
alan

Post by alan »

lee67 wrote:it sure did alan...with 148 bhp at back wheel....photoedited dyno graphs to prove :P ..never dropped tho :wink:
i think with your recent show win you,ve got abit over excited and confused
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

now im confused lol 148 bhp on what
firestormcrazy

Post by firestormcrazy »

hi all, at the risk of getting competition with these items lol i would like your opinions on these cans since your surprise at me having standard cans has made me look please tell me what you think, cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=018
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi matey,

Standard cans tend to stifle the engine somewhat - most of us go for aftermarket legal / naughty, as they let the engine breathe better, releasing a tad more power and decreasing slightly, the massive engine braking.

Welcome, you know it's mad in here already.

I think the 148 Lee is referring to is either the Kg of chrome he's added to his cruiser, or the age he looks on it :wink: :lol:

Don't worry bout the colour mate, could be worse, it could be Blue or that nasty Teal colour.

Graeme.

Oh dear ....... It's still running fine :wink:

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

Jezza

Newbie Based in Bournemouth

Post by Jezza »

Hi everyone,

I've decided that I need another VTR and in the process found your forum which look great, I wish I found it years ago.

I had my first Firestorm back in 98 but sold it back in 2003 as I wasn't using it. Got back in to biking a couple of years ago with a ZX6R but nothing beats a twin so it's got to go and I'm on the lookout for another Firestorm.

My funds are very limited but I'm probably going to Streetfighter it so not too worried about condition - just don't want anything with obscene mileage.

About me - Mid 30's, been biking in all weather since '92, now office based with company car but have previously work as a courier.

Previous bike include 2 x CBR6's (FH?/FN), VTR1000, ZX6R (J2)

See you on here soon.

Jezza
It wasn't me officer it was my evil twin
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Jezza,

Welcome to the forum - you'll find lots of help and advice on here, not that it sounds like you need it - LOL.

Like you, wish I'd found this place years ago, happened upon it by 'accident' when looking for a replacement R/R when mine fried 8O

Ain't looked back since 8)