New Member ? Introduce Yourself Here

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Welcome mate,
biking in "all weathers" :?: in Bournemouth :?: surely its sunny all the time :wink: :lol:

I've allways been lucky the 1 week a year i go down B/mouth/Poole anyway .........errm..touch wood :lol:

I didn't see many 'storms at the Poole Quay bike night, 3 i think, out of around 1,500 bikes :!:

Enjoy the forum .

Stevie
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

8O 8O raining :?: :lol: :lol: .....................Aye,yer right enough,it is sh1t weather in B/mouth :!:
Ive just checked the Bournemouth cam at the pier :!:

Hey Tim,
you should be nipping over to Poole (55 miles) ,for the weekly bike night , or maybe you flew doon south :?:

Mind you,if its shitty weather prob there wouldn't be much of a turnout :!:

Your'e at the wrong end o the country...its sunny in the Shetland Isles,in the middle of nowhere ,think thats where we need to go :!:
http://www.visitshetland.com/webcams

Stevie
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

firestormcrazy wrote:yeah lol but thats what it says on the graph thing, when the prev owner took it on a rolling road
Welcome a board firestormcrazy even if it is a bit late :!: :D

If you have a genuine dyno print out stating 118bhp at the rear wheel then I'd say you bike is definitely not standard as you previously thought.

All dyno's vary a bit, bit I would say the later standard Firestorm (19ltr fuel tank model) produced around 98/99bhp and the earlier standard ones with the smaller fuel tank 16ltrs) produced around 104/105bhp.

If possible I'd be inclined to see if you can find out from the previous owner what work he had carried out on it, regarding tuning etc.

If what I've just posted has already been covered by someone else in another thread please ignore this one :wink:

Cheers,

Chris.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

HIya everyone, just registered, thanxs to the Admin who I emailed who got my account activated, don't know why it wasn't sent to my email.
Anyway, i'm NAS or Nath (Nathan) been driving a 1997 Firestorm for about 6 months now my 1st big bike after passing the CBT / DAS beginnnig of the year (Never ridden before). Have to admit I do love the Firestorm / VTR1000, well apart from the small tank size.
Just wondering has anyone got any history of my bike, is black with custom WEST graphics airbrused on, used to have visor down stickers on it. chap before me had it fall of a trailer en-route to his house :-) so the fairings all battered. Have got replacement fairing to go on, needs a respray when funds are available.
Just trying to find out what mods have been done to it.
As far as I can see aftermarket cans Quill's they sound fecking fantastic.
Did a oil / filter change using OEM and Honda parts tempted by K&N later on. But heard that you can DynaJet and also Race cams, but how do I tell if its already been done. Also been reading there is a tensioner failure problem how would I know if it has been changed also any help and info would be greatly apreachiated. I couldn't say or guess what WHP the bike is at never taken it on the rollers YET.
Almost forgot i'm form Bristol so hiya to any Brizzle locals.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Hi mate..quite a long user name you got there 8) ,so i'll call ye Nath :!:

Welcome to the forum, i'll leave the technical questions to someone else :?
Stevie
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Thanxs for the welcome you two, hehe was debating on the name didn't relise how long it was visually. Dough my bad.

I'll try and get some pics up later. Probably spend most of my time in the classified section need bits and pieces to bring her up to scratch.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Try ebay mate , if you havn't already ,......... as well as my 'storm , and bits for my 'storm ,ive bought everything from curry kits to kitchen table :!: :lol:
Stevie
tremendous

Post by tremendous »

Hi guys
New to the site
Got 97 model in yellow with scorpain cans
Roars like thunder
:P
You no you want too!!!!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

hi matey
welcome to the forum :!:
Stevie
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

tremendous, welcome from one newbie to another. :)
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Seven of Nine Firestorm (7/9FS) - OK Nath

hmmmmm Seven of Nine .... hubba hubba hubba !!!!

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Welcome Aboard you two :lol:

What side of Bristol are you calling from Nath?
I've been on here for the last few years (seems like longer with all these bloody Northerers but you get used to it after a while :wink: ) and you are only about the second person to log in from the home town.
Have i seen you about? There quite a few buzzing around the Filton Area during the rush hour.
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

The Welcome Inn

Now why didn't I think of that :lol:
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Now that pic not laughing drewling (spelling tongue out on floor) mmmmmmmmm indeedie.

Over in Yate Pete where abouts are you. you going to that sodbury bike show this sat ?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nath said
Over in Yate Pete where abouts are you
8O You're Joking! 8O
I'm in Yate too. Just off Rodford way. Now that's Spooky :D
Shan't be doing the bike thingy this weekend. I've been working away and only just got back so the Mrs has got me on a tight reign untill she gets sick of me again :lol: :lol: :lol:
We'll have to do a little ride out or something as soon as it dries up.
How battered is the fairing I found a standard screen in the back of the garage which is no good to me now if you need it.

Pete.l7
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal