Real Story, BBC 1 Tonight

General Bike chat
stevieVTR

Real Story, BBC 1 Tonight

Post by stevieVTR »

Did anyone see this program tonight? Started out with North Wales Police`s drive against speeding then inevitably moved on to irresponsible bikers and the rapid rise in biking deaths, etc, etc. Not helped by some tw@t sat astride a GSXR Thou claiming to have done 208mph on a public road!!!! Imagine.... a GSXR doing 208!!! Then followed clips of bikers including a rider attempting to escape from an unmarked Subaru, nearly hitting a lorry in the process. Despite saying minority (whispered quietly) once again we are all portrayed as hooligans who ride at 3 figure speeds every time we go out. How about showing Saxo VTRs and other bespoilered vehicles driven by spotty, baseball cap wearing yobs driving at high speed around a town centre near you causing mayhem? Or can they only manage one stereotype at a time! :mad2
Rant over.. I feel better now!!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
speedfreek

Cops are bad all over..

Post by speedfreek »

Cops are bad all over..

The state just passed a new law here in Texas where
2 or more cyclists riding together going 20 mph (or more)
over the speed limit can be charged with "racing".

You will be taken to jail and your motorcycle will be
impounded.

It's rediculous! I can already see a group ride going
through a speed trap. Can you imagine the police trying
to confiscate 20-30 motorcycles? And you know they'll
try it..

More will run,
8) TJ 8)
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
pete7

Post by pete7 »

Cops pulled me Sat pm in Aldershot for giving a slow down signal to the bike coming up behind me cos there was a mobile speed camera in front. They pulled me instead. Was told that I was giving out a false signal. Pointed out that I had taken my hand off the throttle to do it so must have been slowing down. He checked my tax disk and I asked him why he wasn't stopping real criminals. 29% tax hike in Hants this year so they can go out in twos with speed cameras. think we all know they need to start catching real crims.

Pete
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I think it's really starting to hit fever pitch here. People have been slowly getting more and more hacked off with it over recent years, and it's basically at a point where speeding is targeted to the detriment of many other things. The standard of driving has plummeted, funnily enough since cameras started appearing - any traffic officer will tell you that - and other crime (burglaries, thefts etc) are getting ignored basically because whatever is stolen is usually insured, which makes it alright doesn't it? :? All manner of crimes are on the increase, and the government (not the police) is increasingly targetting law-abiding people.

What's really starting to grate with me is that it's our taxes that pay for all this, and to be honest I'm not happy with my tax being spent in this way. I would rather it be spent on paying a coppers wages to investigate a burglary or a mugging in my village for example, which are often the result of a minority/individual, than to pay him to sit there with a speed gun and nick people for doing 35mph perfectly safely.

If speed cameras are of such a safety benefit, answer me this. When was the last time you saw one outside a school?
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
nobbyk

Post by nobbyk »

Well said mate. I also have a view, owing to the fact that I have accumalated 6 points in 6 months, in the CAR!

I think the principal is right but the manner in which they go about ti is wrong. Where is the education in putting 3 points on a licence?

If this sis a safety to issues why don't they errect loads more of those led signs that say 'SLOW DOWN' or tell you the limit?

I'm sure they could have just as much effect on SAFETY and the police may get a little more respect 'Policing' rather than 'nickin' the general public!

Why criminalise us when you can educate us and make the roads safer for all users?

I'll get of me soapbox now!

Anyone else have a view?

regards

Nobby
Remember, never put off till t'moz what you can do today. If you do it today, you can do it again t'moz!! Just a thought!
speedfreek

The state..

Post by speedfreek »

It's not even a safety issue. It's just another way for the
govt. to extract money from you.. Call it a "speed tax"..

Bastads!
8) TJ 8)
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!
mike

Post by mike »

I know the feeling about the cops. Here in Wisconsin if they see abunch of us riding (rockets),They seem to try and find any reason to F%$# with us. Because god forbid we are all out just riding, We have to be up to something like terrorizing the women and children or going to go full blown racing through Milwaukee. Then u get the jack@$$ cops who always say why don't u get a harley, My reply is always" if I wanted something to break down and leak oil all over I would have bought one". Not only that but last year they had more wrecks with harleys than they did with rockets. We go out to ride unlike going by the numerous bars around here and seeing the harleys parked there all day. Have the police put that in there pipe and smoke it!!!!