Proper Flu (not man flu)

General Biker Banter
Beamish

Proper Flu (not man flu)

Post by Beamish »

I have and am still suffering form the worst illness I have ever had. I have been bed ridden for 20hrs a day for the past two days, had mild hallucinations and picking the kettle up has turned into an olympic event.
Out of bed now but had to get out of the shower because the water jets were like *ookin needle points 8O
Hopefully coming towards the end of it thank god but I never want to go through that again. I will take food poisioning any time over this curse.
8)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

been there a few years ago....it's hell on earth..even the bed sheets hurt and you are freezin cold to want to be covered up lol....i never want that again !!!!
Get well soon hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thanks Sparrow i had no idea it was this bad.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

You know when its real flu...all these peeps who have 2 days off saying they have flu really haven't.
I was off work 5 weeks with it as i got the mother of a chest infection after and working with horses and the dust thats there my doc signed me off :lol:
Had a brill 5 weeks coughing me guts up and doin nowt lol
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

get yerselves jabbed then :wink:
I get jabbed every year about this time, not least cos a dose of proper flu would kill me - literally. got advanced emphysema courtesy of 35 years x 40 cigs a day :roll:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

There is some crap going round. I had somthing like this in May. Ended up at the hospital with the tight chest and and laboured breathing. I didn't think there was anything worse than "man flue" but this was. Only just getting over the tight weezy chest now! 8O
And yes that is 4 months :?

You need VTRgirl to come and do some of her nursy stuff on you! :lol:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Thanks to all, only bonus is that the weather is shite here in Lincs so dont feel I am missing out on any biking.
fishface

Post by fishface »

drink half a bottle night nurse :wink: :wink: sleep for 24hrs and its all a blur :wink:
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Timbo wrote:It flattened me for a week.
Feck me it musta been a heavy infection!!!! 8O 8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dean O wrote:get yerselves jabbed then :wink:
I get jabbed every year about this time, not least cos a dose of proper flu would kill me - literally. got advanced emphysema courtesy of 35 years x 40 cigs a day :roll:
Thought only pensioners could get them jabs :wink:

Get well soon you poor things
bikermike1411

Post by bikermike1411 »

RedStormV wrote:Get well soon you poor things
8O 8O 8O 8O

Dude.... have you been watching too much 'Are you being served?'?
Perseverance takes too long....
Dean O

Post by Dean O »

RedStormV wrote: Thought only pensioners could get them jabs :wink:
nah pensioners & raspberries like meself get priority (limited availability) and get em free, but anyone can book a jab for around £40 asaik :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You're right Beamish, if you have the real flu you are not going anywhere as you haven't got the strength to get out of bed :!: I had it a few years back and it's definitely not nice. I think it's your temperature rising is what causes you to hallucinate, it's that part of the flu that the elderly or weak don't get through iirc. It puts a fair old strain on your system.

You hear people say I had flu the other week, but I still managed to go to work, yeah right you did :wink:

Hope you're on the mend now mate :!:

Chris.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:
sirch345 wrote:
You hear people say I had flu the other week, but I still managed to go to work, yeah right you did :wink:
Chris, that's man flu (aka the common cold) or in the case of some of the skivers i have worked with overt the years, a bit of a sniffle.

I dont do sympathy as when i was a kid you had to be bleeding out your eyes to stay off school :)
The old bleeding eyeball? You would have to be a right wuss to miss work for that :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote:
sirch345 wrote:
Chris, that's man flu (aka the common cold) or in the case of some of the skivers i have worked with overt the years, a bit of a sniffle.
Is that what it is :lol:

Chris.