Hey Firestorm_al

General Bike chat
WayneM

Hey Firestorm_al

Post by WayneM »

Howdy Fella,

I notice you have the Pyramid belly pan on your bike. Me too!

Hows the fit on yours? Mine is touching the exhaust on the left side (might be because of my pipes - not sure)

Also, whats that on the rear foot rest of your picture?
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Likewise! Plus the previous owner must have not loosened off the belly pan when changing the exhaust hence there is a couple of small cracks in the thin section that runs above the side stand.

The front of the belly pan is looking a bit worn now with all the stone chips but I guess that's just par for the course!

The bike now wears a pair of Microns and a shiny new WP rear shock. I use the bike every day so the rack on the back is a bit of a compromise style wise. It doubles up as a handy helmet rack when the box isn't on.

The thing on the rear foot rest is an Abus disk lock. They make a wee holder for it that bolts onto the footrest hanger. It's a bit easier than trying to wrestle the bloody seat off a couple of times a day.

Al.
WayneM

Bloody seat

Post by WayneM »

Good! Im glad Im not the only one that struggles getting the seat off!
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I've filed down the tip of the "hook" from underneath the seat which helps a bit but it is still a pain in the butt!

When I first got the bike I had to take it backt to the shop to ask how to get the seat off and even they struggled!

Al.
Anonymous

Belly Pan

Post by Anonymous »

:) I had the Pyramid belly pan but recently chucked it cos it deckked out so many times, then started cracking, stone chips etc - but it did also touch one of the exhausts (can't remember which side) and looked well cooked! Also, 2 up on the bike it dekked out big time - maybe I ate too many cakes!
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

As I've said of my riding before "I'm sh1t and I know I am" but I cant get over how you managed to get the belly pan to touch down riding on the road.

I've never had the pegs touch down either so unless everyone out there goes on the track a lot how do you manage it??

Al.
Anonymous

Touchdown

Post by Anonymous »

Fekked if I know!! I have Harris rearsets now which have not dekked out yet but when I had the standard pegs (with hero blobs) they dekked several times on the road and track. The belly pan got badly damaged several times without me even realising.....
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I've only touched the pegs down once or twice, but my old Carbotech CF bellypan use to deck out quite often, on my own or two-up. I'm no heavyweight either (a mere 12 stone).

I've got a modified moriwaki race bellypan (the one that acts as a catch tank) on now and that's fine, although to be honest since it's been fitted I've been struggling with tyres and suspension problems so don't tend to push it much.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
WayneM

belly pan touching

Post by WayneM »

I get my toe, knee and peg down 3 or 4 times a day (as long as its dry) on the way home from work but I've never got the Pyramid Belly Pan down and I'm a 15stone rugby playing type blokey!

Mind you, my bike is only a couple of months old (4k miles) so maybe the new shock is playing a part ?
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

15 Stone eh.

So you're getting the pegs down in a straight line then. :biggrin :wink2
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
WayneM

Oi!

Post by WayneM »

Cheeky fella! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hmm.. I'm 14 stone with a newish Ohlins rear shock - strange.... The Pyramid belly pan was mullered!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Although the most damage was on the side of the belly pan, around the area that it bulges out to clear the header pipes....
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

The Pyramid plastics one has a cut out for the down pipe on the right hand side!?
WayneM

:)

Post by WayneM »

hahaha

I think we may have found a possible solution to this Intriguing mystery.

Speedy can you post a picture of your "Pyramid" belly pan :lol: