a couple of newbie questions

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
firestarter1977

a couple of newbie questions

Post by firestarter1977 »

hi all , well i picked up my storm today and am well pleased with it.

1st question is the speedo aint working , the digital odo is on and as far as i can tell everything else is working. i will check the fuse but wondered where else i should be looking.

2nd question. am undecided what to do about the ccts, i like the idea of using a small dowel to restrict the movement if the spring fails but i dont full understand how to do it , i have a manual and it shows a locking key but am confused as to what this actually locks off .

last question its got joes racing decals on at the moment and am wondering if it would look better with these removed ??

any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards mark
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I had a prob with my speedo exactly as you describe. Its showing the Odo so the fuse is fine. Check that the pickup is sending a signal. With the ignition switched on put a volt meter acroos the pink and black wires on the rear of the speedo. Spin the rear wheel and you should get a fluctuating reading of 0v-5v. If you don't you've either got a dodgy connection or the speedo pick up in knackered.........dig deep!
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Firestarter, when the same problem occured on my storm, i did all the electrical checks and it turned out to be the speed sensor that bolts into the rear engine casing, just near the shock. I would get on the phone to the breakers as these things are £106 each new!!!
Chris.