Bargains at London Bike Show?

General Biker Banter
gilson

Bargains at London Bike Show?

Post by gilson »

Hi All,

I'm probably going on the Sunday, never been to one before. What kind of bargains are there to be had? I'm thinking of a belly pan from Skidmark and some spares from Harris, (both are there apparrently).

My mates are after some tyres.

So is it worth taking the van? ;-) (to bring the 1198S home?!!! 8O )

Any experience of bike shows?
Stu

Post by Stu »

Yeah I personally hate them full of people trying to get bargains :lol:

Truthfully I'm not the biggest fan as I have worked a couple of times at a little one at the NEC

Bargains are there but they either go straight away as decent stuff or not lowered enough to the last day IMPO. Either that or they only sell the stuff they haven't shifted in the last year or so. As for tyres your mate will find them cheaper scouring the net.

It is good for things like leathers and kit if your not a style guru and don't mind having last years designs - we used the shows for racing leathers
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

NEC and London Excel shows are by far the most expensive if u are hunting for a bargain.....simply because they are the premier shows in the country.

U will prob find stuff a few quid cheaper.....but no where near the savings that can be had at : Alexandra palace, Exeter and Peterborough shows......by the end of the weekend at these places they are practically giving stuff away :)

John'o
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ok for a couple of cheap t shirts, or if you fancy spending a fiver for a hot dog!! :lol: :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Must admit i went to London one a couple of years ago & was a bit disapointed with it. I'm not saying there wern't bargains to be had, but not much there actually caught my eye!

Good for kit tho as someone else already said... but you can probably pick up said kit brand new on ebay for the same price, perhaps less!?

Havn't bothered going since, cos I think entrance is overpriced anyway. Also I seem to remember everyone saying it was a bit pants last year too.
Bluefox

Post by Bluefox »

I wasn't sure if the London show was at Ally Pally,sounds like its not the same one,
I found the Ally Pally one really good for the odds & sods of biking,should've took more money the last time i went.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Bluefox wrote:I wasn't sure if the London show was at Ally Pally,sounds like its not the same one,
I found the Ally Pally one really good for the odds & sods of biking,should've took more money the last time i went.
It is the same show, it just moved premises :D
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... =EPI-88555

Chris.