Which Email programme

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
bikerpiker

Which Email programme

Post by bikerpiker »

Do any of you guys have problems with your emails :?:

I use Windows Mail (Vista operating system) ,which i believe is a newer version of outlook express.

The thing is ,at least 2 of my mates dont recieve my emails ,well one recieves around 30% of them ,the other doesnt recieve any at all :!:
When i send them,they go to my sent items folder, and none ever get returned to me ,so it seems as if they've sent with no problems :!:

I have since opened an email account with Googlemail ,and both guys have recieved all emails ive sent them with Google :?

I'd really like to keep using Windows mail, as amongst other reasons i just click on it from the start menu , and it opens, where with Googlemail, Yahoo, or even Orange (my Internet service provider) etc you need to type in user name and password :!:

Any of you guys with same problem :?:
Stevie
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Can't see a connection (no pun intended). Either it gets sent to a valid e-mail address, or it doesn't. The receiving account won't differentiate between what program it was created in.

I still use Outlook Express and Outlook for most e-mail. Sometimes I have to use the webmail option and it will give me an undeliverable report, so I just resend from OE or whatever.

Maybe the ones rejected had something in common that the recipients e-mail program couldn't handle?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Cheers Stratman,

The thing is , i used to have the very same problem with my old pc when i used Outlook Express , but only to 1 contact who used Hotmail :?

Forgot to mention that both contacts who don't recieve my emails both use their internet providers own email programme which is AOL :!:

The fact that when i send them, and they are going to my "sent items folder",and not returned to me would seem to point the finger of any problems being at their end :?: :?: Mind you,i ts strange that when i sent the exact same messages with google ,the recipitents recieved them :?

Also I was only sending text, with no attachments .

Thanks
Stevie
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

AOL is crap mate! its there prob not yours :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

marravtr wrote:AOL is crap mate! its there prob not yours :wink:
Just wait till i see them both tomorrow at work...and they've got the cheek to complain to me for not receivin my emails.....they're both with AOL mail ...too much of a coincidence.. :D
Stevie
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

I use outlook and windows live desktop rather than web version all work ok, with outlook you need to press the send and receive button or email will remain in sent folder, aol use different ports for the imap/smtp settings worth checking, but I think you just need to press the button mentioned, before you close email programme.
Collywog19

Post by Collywog19 »

Mozilla Thunderbird here, no probs ever!

Col
Bikes ftw!
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Collywog19 wrote:Mozilla Thunderbird here, no probs ever!

Col
Heard alot about the Mozilla Thunderbird but still not installed, then again I don't use outlook express, is Thunderbird alot better ?.
Collywog19

Re: Which Email programme

Post by Collywog19 »

I love thunderbird, imo its worth trying it out.

got 3 accounts on it now, and only ever problem i had once was becasue of AVG antivirus, other than that its been ACE.

Col
Bikes ftw!
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Could it be that the AOL system is blocking the Microsoft mail messages as it thinks they are spam?
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Have been using Mozilla Thunderbird for 6 or so years now :D

Can pick up your googlemail with it via IMAP too.

Micro$oft Outlook etc is rubbish :twisted:
Last edited by JohnD on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnD

Re:

Post by JohnD »

Timbo wrote:New Windows Mail is basically Windows Live which is Hotmail at the heart of it, which is notoriously sh1t, even more so that AOL.

I speak from experience, i use both among my many email accounts. Google is best freebie i have found.
+1
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Still sumfin strange happening,..the 2 mates that i email use AOL, but they dont recieve my emails when i use "windows mail"(vista)...so i email those particular two with Googlemail :!:
Still one mate not recieving them properly(he get around 30% of them).

Not a big deal really as i work beside them anyway :)
Stevie
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

bikerpiker wrote:Still sumfin strange happening,..the 2 mates that i email use AOL, but they dont recieve my emails when i use "windows mail"(vista)...so i email those particular two with Googlemail :!:
Still one mate not recieving them properly(he get around 30% of them).

Not a big deal really as i work beside them anyway :)
Get the guys to check their respective spam folders, I use AOL (good service in my opinion) I have to check the spam filters from time to time if an email goes walkies.

HTH
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'