Which cans to get??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fran079

Which cans to get??

Post by Fran079 »

Hello everyone!! Just wondering which are the best sounding cans to get. :? i still have the standard cans on but they really let the bike down. I used to have a zx6r ninja which had a Diablo can on and it sounded really good (even with the baffle in!) but i dont know if it will sound the same on my storm. Im wanting something a bit noisy without having to take the baffles out but not too noisy it wont pass an m.o.t. thanx. :D
If you can read this, the bitch just passed you!!
marravtr

Re: Which cans to get??

Post by marravtr »

ive got microns on mine, removable baffles, sounds bloody nice with them in :D but keep them on the shelf in my garage! :twisted: :twisted: mates got mig's on his sounds nice but not as deep tone as the microns :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

You wont be disappointed with Microns or Scorpions or if you want something a bit different get some made up for about £350 including link pipes.

Like this.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

Try Zorstec in Shipley, they will be able to make you anything you like for a reasonable price.

http://www.zorstec.net/contact_flash.htm
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'd recommend Scorpion cans, but not in carbon for a big V twin.

Chris.
knuckledragger

Post by knuckledragger »

I have got some 'Remus Grand Prix's' on mine and they sound Grrrreat. Nice and soft on tickover and howl like a good-un with a fistfull. They are not road legal but, would you believe that someone actually polished that bit out... :lol: ...Just had its MOT and the spannerman did'nt give em a second glance. If you go high level you can get all the brackets etc from 'Demon Tweeks'. (i still have the originals in case i get a producer from plod :( ).

Do try and spend a little bit of money though as the massive power pulses will blow out the mesh packing on some of the cheaper brands over time!!

Regards........
clack

Post by clack »

knuckledragger wrote: Do try and spend a little bit of money though as the massive power pulses will blow out the mesh packing on some of the cheaper brands over time!!

Regards........
:lol: Ha, thats made my day!
Fran079

Post by Fran079 »

:D Thanx loads guys, im not too fond of the microns but do like the sound of the scorpion cans. (a friend has them on her sv650) I am tempted to go high level so i dont have to carry pillions but am just worried incase i cant put soft panniers on. Beamish, your cans look pretty sweet, where are they from?
If you can read this, the bitch just passed you!!
knuckledragger

Post by knuckledragger »

Hey Clack..........Glad I made your day :D :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Fran079 wrote::D Thanx loads guys, im not too fond of the microns but do like the sound of the scorpion cans. (a friend has them on her sv650) I am tempted to go high level so i dont have to carry pillions but am just worried incase i cant put soft panniers on. Beamish, your cans look pretty sweet, where are they from?
A16 road and race. His numbers are 01507480455 or Mob 07932751191
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
olkno9

Post by olkno9 »

i got scorpions and love em, so do the ones who follow behind lol
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

mine with microns at Gaudix in Spain in November

Apparently mine was the only bike others could hear coming up behind them, they sound awesome.
mwad

Post by mwad »

I have Remus " Grand Prix " cans. Too be honest I am finding them a little too noisy. The sound is really nice - just wish I could turn the volume down a notch :oops:

I can feel a pair of Scorpions comming on this year...............
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
mwad

Post by mwad »

Does anyone recommend Blueflame exhausts?
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Yep they are a great can but overpriced in my opinion. If you can get them at a reasonable price then fill your boots, they sound and look great.