Mini indicators

General Bike chat
vtr..al

Mini indicators

Post by vtr..al »

Those of you who have fitted mini indicators(not LEDS)...have you had the flashing too fast syndrome? Getting some for mine and need to know if i'll need resistors. I had an Exup 1000 which needed them and a ZXR400 which didn't :confused :confused

Al
doggit

Re: Mini indicators

Post by doggit »

Al, i fitted mini's about a year ago, they were just ordinary ones, not LED, and i didnt have to fit resistors, they clipped straight into the existing wires and worked like a dream, so go ahead and just fit and flash lol
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Check the bulb wattage on the new ones. If their close to 20w they should flash normally, it's the bulbs rated 12 or 14w that flash too fast.

All numbers are approximate as it's 10 past 7 in the morning and I'm still asleep.
Rich.

Hankie

Post by Hankie »

There were some fitted to mine (not LED) and the flashing speed was fine, the visibility of them is questionable though. Turning sharp left for a hairpin turnoff, I slowed right down and drifted right a bit before the turn, someone nearly shunted me up the butt then bitched he didn't see the indicator, then the missus (following in the car) said she also couldn't see the indicators very well. That was enough for me to put the originals back on, and to start using hand signals as well. I think the issue is partly their position close to the yellow numberplate. Anyway, mine are sat in a box in the garage now...
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

I bought the resistor from eblag, something like £15.

FWIW, I had mine MOT'd a week or two ago and some of the bulbs were out, the Tester told me there is a requirement to have over 50% of them working.

Thought this might be helpful for some of you in the future.
kevg

Post by kevg »

M&P or Busters also sell the inline resistors with the correct plugs fitted i think, i went down the relay route though, again bought from one of them.
cheerz

kev
vtr..al

Post by vtr..al »

Cheers for the replies....guess i'll find out when i fit them...fingers crossed they will flash as normal :lol:

Al
vtr..al

Post by vtr..al »

cupasoop wrote:Check the bulb wattage on the new ones. If their close to 20w they should flash normally, it's the bulbs rated 12 or 14w that flash too fast.

All numbers are approximate as it's 10 past 7 in the morning and I'm still asleep.
It says they are 23 watt bulbs...so should flash normal :plainsmile :plainsmile :wink2

Al
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

The cheap ones don't seem to have a proper reflective backing. My rears weren't very bright, but a bit of tin foil on the black plastic interior made a world of difference.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

snipper

Post by snipper »

when i fitted led's to my storm i bought some inline resistors from maplins for about 80p each
10watt 15 ohlms ...... code h15r ...
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Spot on Snipper. I did the same on my TL. Tis much cheaper too :biggrin
SP1's rock!