Want to cry. my life is knakered

General Bike chat
Zer0Zer0

Want to cry. my life is knakered

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Recently, [Hogmanay] my foot started to slap the pavement whilst walking. this got increasingly worse as the weeks went by. to the point where i couldn't stand up from a chair , climb stairs, or walk more than a dozen steps . at the beginning of march i went to the doctor. as the muscles in my legs ,abdomen and upper arms were twitching and jumping 24/7. and got even worse when i lay down. he immediately refered me to a Neurologist. whom i am still waiting to see .I am on the waiting list for an appointment and they will write to me SIX weeks before my appointment is due. Now my condition is that i keep losing my balance and fall over ,a lot. my legs can hardly support my body weight, the fasciculations [twitching muscles]. has moved to incldue my arms and shoulders. my head has started to shake as well as my hands. i hardly have the strength to keep my hands above the keyboard. my trunk muscles are collapsing and sometimes i find it difficult to breath. my left leg is becoming atrophied [wasting away]and my bladder has started leaking a little. A harrowing state of affairs you might think. but wait there is more..
My wife Normas' mother has terminal lung cancer and has been given only till the end of the year if she is lucky to live. wait for it.. he Father Norrie. he and i share the same birthday 24th march. and he and our neice went to Blackpool for the weekend, where he collapsed with a heart attack and fell into a coma,
he is currently awake and breathing on his own again, but his brain may have been damaged due to oxygen starvation we are waiting for him to be transferred home to Dundee. and Norma is taking her dying Mother to see him this Saturday.

so the upshot of all this Trauma is that my Bike is for sale, along with all the gear, tools ,stands, etc etc.
Its a T reg Aprilia Mille[ 99.] 26000 miles. mot till august. needs tax as its on sorn, turned over weekly since i have been unable to ride.she was serviced before i put her to bed for winter. and the tyres have only done 600 miles she might be getting on a bit. but this baby goes like stink, and sounds Awesome with the titanium shotgun pipes. she is here waiting for someone to take her out this summer. so £1500 or thereabouts and you can take everything bike related i have away. she never missed a beat after i fixed a couple of niggles she had when i bought her.

ADMIN.. sorry if this is in the wrong place. but i am too knackered to care.... :wink2
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
bikerpiker

Re: Want to cry. my life is knakered

Post by bikerpiker »

Bloody 'ell ...youve had quite a time of it mate :(

Hope your health pics up once they get to the bottom of it ,and best o luck wae the sale of yer bike ,seems a cracking price :!:
Stevie
Stu

Post by Stu »

Sorry to hear about your situation and hope things improve

Regarding your Mille I am very tempted as loved my old one. Is there any chance you could email me piccys to trigglydiggly at yahoo. co. uk I would need to sell my VTR but if the Mille is right I'd be up for that (so there might be a cheap VTR for sale soon!)
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Fookin 'ell, and there was me thinking i had it hard. I am really sorry to hear about your health problems. They really have a way of putting your world in perspective. I hope that you have some good luck with your body soon! Shame i just bought the TL otherwise i would have had that off you.

All the best Marty

Mark
tattie

Post by tattie »

Marty,
FFS, what can I say that everyone else hasn't already said. Keep the chin up man.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Kinell mate sorry to hear all that. 8O
Stay strong and make the most of the med's. :biggrin
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Bloody hell mate my thoughts are with you, may all your luck be good from here on in.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Thanks all. ...ho hum it sux to be me..
Stu i'll send you details and pics thanks for the interest..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Bl**dy hell Marty :!: I sincerely hope they crack on and get you sorted.
Life is hard sometimes, but be strong mate. Thinking about you all,

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Same sentiments as everyone else really. Hope you're fighting fit soon!
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

8O 8O 8O
Bloody Hell Marty. You sure know how to surprise folk :eek2
Stay strong bud.

Pete.l
P.S What size boots do you wear :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

ok for anyone interested..T reg [99] Mille. 26000 miles. great condition for year. along with all my biking gear. helmets. leathers. boots etc. and all bike related equipment.. tools. torque .wrench .paddock stands.
whatever. take it all away for £1500-ish. as i need to buy a wheelchair, [no kidding] the Doc reckons i have MS[multiple sclerosis] or MND [motor neuron disease] which would be a real bummer being Terminal on average within 3-7 years. so My biking days are over however it turns out. Life eh! it's a laugh innit.

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

8O feckin ell matey! sorry to read this! your bike and all the gears worth a lot more than that
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Fook Marty that's a real sh1tter!

Having either of the above or having in laws with the problems they have would be bad enough but to have a full house :eek2

It really does put ones own trials and tribulations into persepctive.

WTF should I type next!??!?!!?!?

Dammit mate words just can't say.

You want to advertise your bike and gear separate mate you'll get more for it.

If you want a contact for a chair I know a guy who's paraplegic after a paragliding accident, he reps for a chair and mobility company I can get you some details if you're interested. Although once diagnosed fully I'm sure they'll give you lots of info.

Carpe Diem
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

I know it's probably all worth a little bit more than what i'm asking,but to be honest i just need to get shot of the lot..everytime i look at it the sadness i feel is palpable . sitting next to the bike outside on a sunny day like today .i can hear the bikes go along the A93 up towards Braemar. i can smell the oil and petrol off the mille and miss the sound of pinging and metal contracting as she cools down after a cracking ride.
seriously you guys.Grief would not be misplaced as a descricptive word here. I have pictures of the times i have spent riding. and Memories, I would rather have them than a physical reminder of that which i can no longer do, sitting outside my window, getting me all emotional and sh1t. so one o youse b8stard wie a bit o foldin, anna big heart, just tak it oafy us likes eh! ye can oiyways punt the bits oan Ebay. and tak the Mille as a track bike or Gie it a polish and Get 2k for it.

oh by the way i've got the original exhaust for it too.. :lol: