West Scotland on a sunny April day Sorry RedstormV lol

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

bikerpiker

West Scotland on a sunny April day Sorry RedstormV lol

Post by bikerpiker »

Me and a couple o mates decided to go a bike run today ,takin advantage o' the good weather :D

We headed past Glasgow and up the A82 heading up the side of Loch Lomond ,saw 5 police motorbikes 8O ,so we turned off halfway up the loch at Tarbet, then through Arrochar for our first stop at the "Rest and be thankfull" .....didnt see any more police after that.

The guy wae the camera is actually a member of this forum, he's only made one post though, he must be shy (fek sake, get postin Bryan) :lol:

From the Rest and be Thankfull we went to Lochgoilhead, very much off the beaten track ,and traffic free roads ,..just as well cos it was single track with passing places all the way in and back out ,a nice wee place all the same :!:

Lochgoilhead

Looking across Loch Fyne (a sea loch) to Inveraray ..where we're heading.

From here we went to Inveraray ,one of my favourite places , spent many a night there years ago, fishing ,and gettin drunk :oops:

Inveraray

Then we travelled down the side of Loch Eck ,to Dunoon ,where we got the £4 tickets for the ferry across the Firth of Clyde , which leaves us a short run down the coast through Largs and onwards towards home .

Ferry leaving Dunoon for Gourock
I did ask the rest o the Ayrshire forum members ,but Cupasoop couldnt make it ,Silentjewels(Grant) bike was sick ,and i forgot aboot Geordie ...so maybe next time :!:
Last edited by bikerpiker on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stevie
tattie

Re: West Scotland on a sunny April day

Post by tattie »

Cracking pics Stevie,

Makes missing my jaunt all the less painfull now :wink:

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
bikerpiker

Re: West Scotland on a sunny April day---sorry RedstormV ,lo

Post by bikerpiker »

Aye ...that would be great ,get yer arses up here sometime....................and to think all this is no more than 1 - 1.5 hours from Glasgow :!:

There are camp-sites and b&b's everywhere for anyone thinking about ,and for anyone REALLY keen from Northern England ,the route we done could be done in a day :!:

EDIT ...Second thoughts that would be quite ambitious probably ,unless you lived just over the border ,lol

This was roughly 180 miles round trip for me ,but with lots of stops for pics and a blether etc .

One of the guys with us said he was fed up going that route ,and he wont be going again unless we carry on through Inverary and go a bit further all the way down to Campbeltown , ....i could never get fed up with scenery and roads like that :!: :!:

We are deff doing the Campbeltown trip as well over the summer though ,done it a couple of years ago ,its a good one 8)

For any of you guys maybe thinking of coming up to Scotland sometime, you DONT need to go right up north , although it is really nice,............there are plenty great bike runs in this area ,..we left here (Ayrshire), at 10.30 am i am 20 mins south of Glasgow, and we were home for 5.30pm ,that included loads of stops and the ferry trip.
Last edited by bikerpiker on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stevie
Beamish

Re: West Scotland on a sunny April day Sorry RedstormV l

Post by Beamish »

Shows us up Tim! I only got my camera out on the way home after we left the nice areas! DB is very picturesque though. Nice pictures guys, makes you glad to be alive on days like that.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I quite like takin pics of a days bike run, for all the room a camera takes up, .........plus on the dark miserable winter nights ,when enjoying a err..refreshment ,you can look at the pics and say "roll on summer" :lol:
Stevie
silentjewel

Post by silentjewel »

Hi Stevie

Looks like you had a cracking day. Fantastic part of the world. I used to scuba dive Lock Fine most weekends all year round and even on a wet winter day it was great. Still waiting for my fuel tap but should have her runnuing again soon.

Cheers

Grant
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

silentjewel wrote:Hi Stevie

Looks like you had a cracking day. Fantastic part of the world. I used to scuba dive Lock Fine most weekends all year round and even on a wet winter day it was great. Still waiting for my fuel tap but should have her runnuing again soon.

Cheers

Grant
Hey Grant ...RedstormV (Graeme)on this forum dives around that area as well ,i know he goes to Campbeltown most years diving ,but never managed last year.

Aye ,was a good run ,bikes everywhere :!:
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice pic's Stevie :!: :D even better sharing them with us.

The scenery from up your way always impresses me 8)

It certainly sounds like you had a good run :!:

Chris.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

There you go again Stevie, tugging at my ol' heart strings!

LOL

Looks fookin fantastic mate - Rest & Be Thankfull's a lovely spot we only ever pass by in the car.

Been down the narrow B839 mesel a long while ago, stayed at Drimsynie House Hotel with work. Lovely room looking right down the loch.

Had a well stocked bar too - well a good selection of malts. A work colleague and I did rather too many of them, recommending them to each other into the wee small hours. He'd never missed breakfast in 15 years - we both missed breakfast and nearly the team meeting!!! Never even made it into the nice comfy looking bed me, I fell asleep on a chair in my room whilst removing my shoes LOL - I was feckin steamin'

I like Inverary, especially the sweeite shop (Loch Fyne whisky shop).

Deffo going to have to get North o' the border on the bike this year.

Hoping to do Campbeltown around middle of August, maybe even get a dive or two this year! Ain't been wet at all since Aug 07 :eek2

You keep postin 'em mate - the more the merrier - there'll be sooo many envious Stormers down here, a Scottish meet will end up on the cards nae bother atall!
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like you had a good time Graeme ,well ,whit you can remember of it :wink:

Aye inverarays nice ,sometimes hard to get parked ,although they have extended the car park right up through the arch,at the sea front .

The Inveraray webcam http://www.inveraraypier.com/camera1.html is actually sighted through a port-hole in a boat which is a museum and tearoom :!:
Stevie
escocia

Post by escocia »

Just posting to say hello and to confirm that I am indeed the guy with the camera in Stevie's picture. Apparently I also appear in some other pics Stevie has posted in the past.
I suppose you could play a wee game of "spot the zzr owner on the honda forum"
Bryan.
P.S. my son has a fireblade, if that scores me some points on here. :D
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Head south, far less traffic.
Rich.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cupasoop wrote:Head south, far less traffic.
Cupa, have you ever ridden the M25 in the rush hour(s)?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

tony.mon wrote:Cupa, have you ever ridden the M25 in the rush hour(s)?
Actually, yes I have and you'd be surprised how similar it it to some of the roads Bikerpiker is on about up here during summer. One big fecking car park patrolled by the feds. Trouble is that everybody heads to these places and it's no fun being stuck in q's of traffic. Other, much quieter roads are available closer to home.
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

cupasoop wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Cupa, have you ever ridden the M25 in the rush hour(s)?
Actually, yes I have and you'd be surprised how similar it it to some of the roads Bikerpiker is on about up here during summer. One big fecking car park patrolled by the feds. Trouble is that everybody heads to these places and it's no fun being stuck in q's of traffic. Other, much quieter roads are available closer to home.
I agree at certain times the A82 all the way from Loch Lomond to Fort William can be full of plod, at other times you dont see any . Same with traffic , on Sunday the roads were virtually traffic free , just look at the top pic .

Anyway ...if your not breaking the law youve nowt to worry about :wink: .... Fireblade owners :roll:
Stevie