WTF? Is it me?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

WTF? Is it me?

Post by RedStormV »

WTF?

OK so I've let it go for a while now, just in case I input wrong digits or did some other wierd logging on type thing, but now I'm convinced it's the new forum software and not the early onset of senility :mad2

Two things.

First thing, tried logging on from various points on the forum, 2, 3, 4 attempts, nothing. The only log in point which seems to work (for me at least) is the one on the 'Board Index' page.

Second thing, was logged on earlier tonight reading through 'New Posts' got through most of them before my tea (dinner to the suvvern softies) and replied to quite a few too.
I've returned, to the 'New Posts' screen I left for sustainance, to pick up where I left off and 'caught up' with the stragglers OK.

Now when I've logged in again, and hit 'View New Posts' it's showing me all the ones I had before, including the ones where I'm the last person to update them :eek2 WTF?

OK for it to show me posts updated since it logged me off (another annoying thing, can't set time limit, or can you? I ain't seen it if you can) I can understand, but why oh why is it also showing me ones I've read or read and replied to already?

Perhaps the 2 things are interlinked? iirc the only times I've definitely noticed it not allow me to log in are when it's been allowed to 'time out'. As said above 2 or 3 attempts to log it in from the top of the screen with no joy. The only thing that seems to work is going right out to the main forum screen.

Is it me?

Wish I was from Purley!!

(Not really)
tony.mon

Re: WTF? Is it me?

Post by tony.mon »

Move south, and we'll let you know.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

There's not a snow balls chance in hell of me doing that, unless it's to NZ or somewhere.

More likely to move North to eat tatties & neeps (no pun intended).
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

RedStormV wrote:There's not a snow balls chance in hell of me doing that, unless it's to NZ or somewhere.

More likely to move North to eat tatties & neeps (no pun intended).
Nae mention of Haggis, funny enough :!: :lol:

Its the "Search" facility on here that does my boobies in ,the entire 2008 search results were missing ,now when entering random words like "cct" ,or "baffle" ,i even tried "Scotland" ......no results found for either before March2009 :!: :!:

Cupasoop did explain to me why ,but im not pc clever enough to repeat what he told me :oops:
Stevie