Google Chrome browser

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
tony.mon

Google Chrome browser

Post by tony.mon »

I'm trying out the newly-released Chrome browser, and I have to say I'm impressed with the speed compared to ie latest version.

It'll take a bit of getting used to, but seems noticeably quicker, IMHO.

Anyone else tried it?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Re: Google Chrome browser

Post by RedStormV »

Installed it yesterday, had a quick play, need more time using it, jury's still out
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

bin using about 3 months, by far the fastest but not fully compatible with security particularly with site using windows drm, defo worth using though. :biggrin
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Being an avid fan and user of Opera's browsers for many years, I decided to give Google Chrome a try :!:

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I use it sometimes, as with Opera, Safari and Firefox.

Find it a bit too basic. I do like Safari though.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Ive just started using Chrome today :D

Internet explorer kept freezing/crashing at least every half hour ,with warnings saying Internet explorer is experiencing problems ,then Internet Explorer is searching for solutions ,then i'd lose the page /website i was on . This was happening only on my setting/account ,both the kids settings worked without problem.

TBH Chrome was the ONLY one i could download and use , i did try to download Firefox then Opera , but after downloading them i couldnt find them anywhere :?

The only problem i have now with Chrome is if im on a 'site and there is a small demonstration video for example ,it says ive got to download Adobe movie plug-in , and that ive got to exit Chrome to do this :?

Not sure why, but if i then say "fook it",and open the same 'site with Internet Explorer the wee video then plays fine , so the said required plug-in must be installed on my pc :!:

Anyway ,Chrome seems faster and at least my pc is working ok now :D
Stevie
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

That would be Adobe Flash player I'm thinking - and you'll need to install the plugin version for Chrome for it to work. You have a version that works with Internet Explorer but that for Chrome is slightly different. There are issues with Chrome, and Flash is one of them. You'll find a How-To here [one of many posts on the subject] http://www.coderetard.com/2008/10/22/ho ... le-chrome/
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Chris ,
many thanks ....but that could be in Chinese for all i understand it :oops:

I'll wait till my brother-in -law pays a visit ,he's quite clued up when it comes to pc's :)
Stevie
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

IE7 and Firefox have the plug ins for Adobe player already installed. As Hankie says, if you use a different browser then you may have to download the plug in.

TBH, I only use several browsers as I set the home pages dependant on project, rather than having loads more bookmarks. Out of all of them though, I prefer IE7 over the others, although Safari does look better
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Paul (Stratman), are you not using IE8 yet :?:

Chris.