4 Wheels!

General Biker Banter
Beamish

4 Wheels!

Post by Beamish »

Had to replace the Euro Chic love egg (Citroen C1) as the kids are growing and the primary car (A TDCI Mondeo ) is getting a bit long in the tooth so bought this

A 1.8 TDCI Sport. Missus wanted a Focus and it was a very good drive so I should be picking it up on thursday. I have had loads of Fords and they seem to just keep getting better and better . Anyone else got one?
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Wildfire

Re: 4 Wheels!

Post by Wildfire »

Very Nice...Fords are looking pretty well spec'd at the moment for the money.

My repmobile is overdue for a change and after a bit of argy bargy with the bosses, I managed an upgrade on my Passat this time :D
Razor

Post by Razor »

Haven't had a ford for a couple of years, last one was a ST24 V6 Mondeo.
Good solid car but found it a bit tame compaired to the MR2 turbo I had prior to getting the ST24, can't afford a decent car and run the SP1 so now got a very tired, clapped out Vectra.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
alan

Post by alan »

Aye up jim i bought a new one in 06 but the 1.6 sport version nice car to drive its that nice ive ordered a new one but the titanium one i pick it up on 31st may :D :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

alan wrote:Aye up jim i bought a new one in 06 but the 1.6 sport version nice car to drive its that nice ive ordered a new one but the titanium one i pick it up on 31st may :D :D
Good to hear from you mate, a new Titanium! flash git :lol: hope your missus is ok.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Had lots of Fords, from a 1955 Prefect through to Mondeo.

My favourites though are the V6 Sierras (Xr4i, XR4x4, etc). Good solid cars. Never had a bad one.

(Unlike my 1999 E-class merc, which rusted to f@@k within 7 years!)
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

XR4's in the right nick fetch good money now.

Can remember going out for a run in a Saphire Cosworth (that was the 2wd version wasn't it?) and it scared the pants of me, mind I was only 12 at the time. Very quick for a big car 8O
SP1's rock!
alan

Post by alan »

Beamish wrote:
alan wrote:Aye up jim i bought a new one in 06 but the 1.6 sport version nice car to drive its that nice ive ordered a new one but the titanium one i pick it up on 31st may :D :D
Good to hear from you mate, a new Titanium! flash git :lol: hope your missus is ok.
Flash??????????? i ant got the new blade lol she is on the mend now thank god will catch you on cod m8
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Jbrebel

Best one we had was an XR4x4, which had a single Turbo Technics turbo. Totally ridiculous.

It wrecked the gearbox and we fitted a new one. One trip round the block and this was sh@gged as well! We then discovered that you have to fit the Cosy box if you want anything like a decent life out of it.

I'm reminiscing - too much beer - sorry guys, I'll go to sleep now :confused
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

alan wrote:
Beamish wrote:
Flash??????????? i ant got the new blade lol she is on the mend now thank god will catch you on cod m8

Glad to hear about your missus mate. Blade was less than the Focus (by £5 :biggrin ) so you are flash Harry :lol: :lol: