Help with Groom's speech please

General Biker Banter
mwad

Help with Groom's speech please

Post by mwad »

Hi

I get married this Saturday ( 6 th June ). As usual I have left things to the last minute :oops: and I don't know what to do for my Grrom's speech other than the usual thanking everyone.

Any advice or funny ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Mark
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
tattie

Re: Help with Groom's speech please

Post by tattie »

A few years ago I was best man to a good mate. Now I know best mans speeches are different (a bit) but after all the usual thanking everyone and reading about 50 cards and telegrams etc :roll: . I started by saying that now he was married he would be changing his ways (not a hope as it happened :wink: ) Before the wedding I had handed out about 8 door keys and as my speech went on and was getting a few laughs I said "oh and he has asked me to ask for all the front door keys that may still be in the possession of persons present here today."
For a moment nothing happened then one by one a few lassies got up and walked towards the top table and handed him a key(a lot of laughter), then an old auntie hobbles up (yet more laughter) and finally the last key was brought to the table by another of our mates ( the place erupted and the groom didn't know where to look) the bride wasn't looking too amused either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a thought, as you could reverse it to come from you. ( It depends on how far you think you could push it). :plainsmile

Wishing you all the best for the big day.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
kevg

Post by kevg »

i can't be much help i'm affraid, i just made mine up on the spur of the moment on friday, thanked the usual suspects and got on with the meal :lol:
cheerz

kev
grinner

Post by grinner »

I winged it! I'm fairly confident with public speaking, so didn't bother writing anything. (I'm not, however, suggesting that this is the best thing to do!) I know the funny speech is supposed to come from the best man and so on, so I kept it personal and fairly bland. Lots of people came to me after and said what a nice speech as it came more from the heart than trying to make people laugh.
Don't forget to thank all those who helped (look them in the eye when you do, makes it far more personal) and spend a little time looking sufficiently teary eyed when you thank your bride! That goes down a treat!
Make it mean something to yourself as well, they'll be able to see it comes from you and not a book.

Most of all, relax and enjoy! Best of luck to you both
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

First don't forget to thank everybody for coming and say a special thanks to the bride's beautiful mother and very generous father and thank them for producing the most wonderful daughter in the whole world and tell them how you will look after her for the rest of your life and make her the happiest woman ever................I have used this at all three of my weddings and it always goes down well.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

storminateacup wrote:First don't forget to thank everybody for coming and say a special thanks to the bride's beautiful mother and very generous father and thank them for producing the most wonderful daughter in the whole world and tell them how you will look after her for the rest of your life and make her the happiest woman ever................I have used this at all three of my weddings and it always goes down well.
Be honest here...........you just like wedding cake, don't you?
Rich.

mwad

Post by mwad »

Thankyou all ! Your suggestions / advice are most appreciated.
mwad

Post by mwad »

cupasoop wrote:
storminateacup wrote:First don't forget to thank everybody for coming and say a special thanks to the bride's beautiful mother and very generous father and thank them for producing the most wonderful daughter in the whole world and tell them how you will look after her for the rest of your life and make her the happiest woman ever................I have used this at all three of my weddings and it always goes down well.

LMAO
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

cupasoop wrote:
I must admit it is my weakness :roll: but I'm also a sucker for a pretty face :wink:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

im on me 3rd too :lol: dont like wedding cake, just like unwrapping prezzys :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

Tell them the wedding night will be like an old kitchen table, 4 bare legs n no drawers :D