AMQ46's storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

Re: AMQ46's storm

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote:They look good, any chance of posting them to me so that I can stare at them for a bit?
Tony, I have the same problem....eventually just looking at pictures on the internet can get frustrating, and you need to see the real thing in the flesh dont you!!!! :boobs: :lol: :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

new discs fitted and bedded in..........braking is great now, and no judders.

before:

After:

And a wider view with the new gel seat as well:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

looks nice - wonder if one on the back would improve the rear brake performance????
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny hedges wrote:looks nice - wonder if one on the back would improve the rear brake performance????
Needs something as the back has no power at all!!! but not sure just a new disc is the answer.

The performance at the front came from the new calipers & MC, the disks were just the solution to the brake judder I got once I got good brakes...........I dont think the discs alone would have made that much difference, but I can tell they are lighter, as the front wheel is coming up much faster now :thumbup:
AMcQ
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

I swapped the rear M/C for a brembo from an R1 and it's a different thing all together, it actually helps slow the bike down and everything!
Chris.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

did that go straight on jonesey or was there any arsing about involved???
need to do something with it cos the current one is crap innit!
if it's a straight forward swap i'll get one on asap :thumbup:
the one on my cbx looks twice the size as well, and i prefer the look of the flat square matching clutch and brake mcs on the cbx.....
considering swapping them onto the storm tbh, see if it makes any difference... :think:
one thing it would change is that i wouldn't have to cut down my new fairing to fit vfr bars....
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Lovely looking bike.Mine is the same colour and also has a black belly pan.When I bought it the pan was yellow but a different shade as its a pain to match pearl yellow and bugged the butt out of me.Get some decals on the belly pan and it will look fine. Also where did you get the gel seat,how much and can you still get the seat hump on.

Heres mine with a black belly pan. Just awaiting my wheels to painted black ,new mirrors, brake pads and I will be happy :D
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Mick B wrote:Lovely looking bike.Mine is the same colour and also has a black belly pan.When I bought it the pan was yellow but a different shade as its a pain to match pearl yellow you need the colour code (It's on a sticker under your seat) http://www.rsbikepaint.com, paint code Y124P and bugged the butt out of me.Get some decals on the belly pan and it will look fine. Also where did you get the gel seat,how much and can you still get the seat hump on.

I bought my basket weave type seat with gel off trigerri but it was made by http://www.customseats.co.uk I think? Will check bike tomorrow and let you know.I can't get the seat cowel back on my bike now the new seats on, just a tiny bit out for fitting, but can live with it for now. I'm in two minds whether to change my wheels but the yellow sets it all off. My bellypan is yellow,Dave balanced my carbs, changed my discs/pads and just need to change my oil etc. My bike set up must have been set up by previous owner and lots of tweeking as Dave said it handles completely differently to his and said is much much better and rides differently, so he's checking it out tomorrow to have a proper look etc..I just want a yellow undertray and Dave is going to respray my bellypan.I think my bike looks great for an 'S' reg..

Heres mine with a black belly pan. Just awaiting my wheels to painted black ,new mirrors, brake pads and I will be happy :D
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Anotherbikerbabe wrote:
Mick B wrote:Lovely looking bike.Mine is the same colour and also has a black belly pan.When I bought it the pan was yellow but a different shade as its a pain to match pearl yellow you need the colour code (It's on a sticker under your seat) http://www.rsbikepaint.com, paint code Y124P and bugged the butt out of me.Get some decals on the belly pan and it will look fine. Also where did you get the gel seat,how much and can you still get the seat hump on.

I bought my basket weave type seat with gel off trigerri but it was made by http://www.customseats.co.uk I think? Will check bike tomorrow and let you know.I can't get the seat cowel back on my bike now the new seats on, just a tiny bit out for fitting, but can live with it for now. I'm in two minds whether to change my wheels but the yellow sets it all off. My bellypan is yellow,Dave balanced my carbs, changed my discs/pads and just need to change my oil etc. My bike set up must have been set up by previous owner and lots of tweeking as Dave said it handles completely differently to his and said is much much better and rides differently, so he's checking it out tomorrow to have a proper look etc..I just want a yellow undertray and Dave is going to respray my bellypan.I think my bike looks great for an 'S' reg..

Ask any painter about painting pearl yellow its a nightmare to match.If you like perfection a shade out on colour will not do. I know the code on mine is Y124P but getting a match is hard.My belly pan was like yours a slight shade difference(if you look hard) that bugged the butt out of me so it was full respray or black bellypan lol. I am a fussy tw@ but some people are happy with their paint jobs and I know its me who has to have perfection :thumbup:

And ABB your bike looks mint hun :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mick B wrote: Also where did you get the gel seat,how much and can you still get the seat hump on.
Mick,
Sorry didnt answer faster, but been manic with work, and just back from USA this morning.

Seat was custom made by tony Archer,I got him to reprofile the foam [I think it is new foam, as it is higher than standard in places], add gel and fit a new cover with anti slip Pilion weave. Think it cost just under £200 with all postage. it would be less if you just wanted a single Gel, but I had rider & pilion added.

Seat hump........I didnt try, truth is I have not had it on for last 5 years....... cant be arsed putting it on and off!

I think it may fit, but he will make a seat any shape you want, so tell him that you still want the hump to fit, and he will make it happen.

Click here http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/
AMcQ
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Cheers for the response :thumbup: .I am looking at sorting the pillion out as the wife doesnt mind coming out once in a while.Dont need a full deep seat but need a little rear padding so maybe a gel insert may resolve it
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

OK had to add photo of new Nitron shock, as it is pure anodised sex!

Fitted it last night and greased all linkages at same time. Just got to get the ride height and Sag set, and wait for the rain to stop and go test it.
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

AMCQ46 wrote:OK had to add photo of new Nitron shock, as it is pure anodised sex!

Fitted it last night and greased all linkages at same time. Just got to get the ride height and Sag set, and wait for the rain to stop and go test it.
wombles me where's the tissues!!!

i want one badly, how much, where from mate?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nitron are a UK company, so this shock was built in Oxford....... :thumbup:

http://www.nitron.co.uk/nitron09/index. ... _7_221_245

This is their bottom of the range SPORT shock, but fitted with a remote preload adjuster.
Shock is £295+vat
Remote is £120+vat

Quality looks good, would have loved to had the track shock, but couldnt justify the extra £130+vat
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one AMcQ 8) 8) If it works as good as it looks then it should be ace :thumbup:

Chris.