Indicator Mod!

General Bike chat
W@zzA

Indicator Mod!

Post by W@zzA »

Use Oxford or Motrax micro arrow mini indicators, long stalk for the fronts and short stalk for the rears and make sure they are the newer E marked ones as they are legal and you dont have to change them for the MOT.
Keep the VTR backing plates and drill out the small hole (without the lip) to 8mm to accept hte new stalk, the fronts fit to the back of the grommet in the fairing Perfectly and I used a bit of black vinyl (sticky back plastic for all you blue peter fans out there) to cover up the now exposed hole at the rear mountings.

W@zzA.

Next week I'll show you how to make exhaust cans and hangers out some old washing up liquid bottles and some lolly pop sticks!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

I got a set of them there flashers, (fitted them exactly the same way), s'funny that...... :wink:
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Take care with the Oxford e-marked ones as I fitted them to my last bike and when a bulb blew I found out that you can only get replacements from Oxford direct or their stockists-if they`ve got any at all. No other standard bulbs would fit!
Also the fittings inside went furry very quickly.
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
W@zzA

Indicators!

Post by W@zzA »

Had mine on there for nearly 2 years and havnt had a bulb go yet! they do look like they're sods to get the bulbs out though :? Be prepared and get some bulbs (small halogens) before they go, I carry a couple of spares and a pair of tweezers to change them :idea:

Warren.