What exhausts / cans ?

General Bike chat
mwad

What exhausts / cans ?

Post by mwad »

Hi.

After much debating, I have decided that my race cans are just too noisy for my liking. I currently have Remus Grand Prix race cans and I love the sound but itis just too loud. :oops:

I am considering a few alternatives and I am after some honest opinions / advice. I have decided that the cans I buy must be road legal, give a decent power gain over standard exhausts, must be stainless steel and oval. I am considering Scorpion, Blue Flame ( a bit expensive ), Beowulf, Quill and Viper though I have no personal experience of the last three.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
goody

Re: What exhausts / cans ?

Post by goody »

I've got high level scorpions on mine. Didn't like them at first the previous owner hadn't put them on properly and they looked uneven I didn't like the noise either. Now I've put them on straight and sealed the joints they look better and sound better as well not offensive at all (they are road legal and look like they have removable baffles) Only thing I really didn't like was the wire shield things on the link pipes so I ground them off. I didn't like the way the pillion footrests had to be spaced out to clear the link pipes so I left them off, the only person who is likely to go on the back moans about how much I spend on bikes so f@*k her, she can walk.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Why not just get some removable baffles for them?
Rich.

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

goody wrote:I've got high level scorpions on mine. Didn't like them at first the previous owner hadn't put them on properly and they looked uneven I didn't like the noise either. Now I've put them on straight and sealed the joints they look better and sound better as well not offensive at all (they are road legal and look like they have removable baffles) Only thing I really didn't like was the wire shield things on the link pipes so I ground them off. I didn't like the way the pillion footrests had to be spaced out to clear the link pipes so I left them off, the only person who is likely to go on the back moans about how much I spend on bikes so f@*k her, she can walk.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Mwad-your the first person I've come across that thinks their VTR is too loud :wtf: :lol:

I'd vouch for Scorpions. Had some on the TL and they were'nt very loud even with the baffles out. Good quality too.
goody wrote:the only person who is likely to go on the back moans about how much I spend on bikes so f@*k her, she can walk.
:clap: :lol:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Scorpions would be my recommendation too :!:

Beware of some cheaper can's, they can give your bike a flat spot.

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Although not on your list, Yoshimura RS-3s are fairly quiet too.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Dont go with Blue Flame as they are loud with the baffles in (well they are on the SP anyway)
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
mwad

Post by mwad »

cupasoop wrote:Why not just get some removable baffles for them?
Must admit, I hadn't thought of that
VTR's are for life, not just for Christmas
Jim67

Post by Jim67 »

I dont have much confidence in removable baffles, when I had my bandit I had a Beowulf Warrior can on it and it didnt sound any quieter with the baffle in place........needless to say it live under the seat!!!!!! was a nice can that!!!!

Regarding Storms, they are designed to be loud!!!! the louder the better.....its the law!!! :bobby2:

Jim.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

If your exhausts don't make people involuntarily poo themselves from 50 yards, they're not loud enough.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Kitch wrote:If your exhausts don't make people involuntarily poo themselves from 50 yards, they're not loud enough.
+1

As it says on the Racefit website - "Loud cans save lives"

Louder the better!
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

Beamish wrote:Dont go with Blue Flame as they are loud with the baffles in (well they are on the SP anyway)
They are lovely and loud without the baffles too... Good job I have the Std pipes for the MOT... :Stewy:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Chillitt wrote:
Beamish wrote:Dont go with Blue Flame as they are loud with the baffles in (well they are on the SP anyway)
They are lovely and loud without the baffles too... Good job I have the Std pipes for the MOT... :Stewy:
+1 The baffles are stying out until officer dibbles or MOT time say otherwise. :sheep shagger: no reason for smilies really just got into a bit of a habit :drunk: