wheelies

General Bike chat
hondasrock

wheelies

Post by hondasrock »

Ok peeps, now every one I talk too about my bike keep telling me what a great wheelie tool my storm must be, so I just give them one of those knowing looks nod and grin when the reality is I've never intentionally wheelied anything in my life and Im starting to feel a bit of a big girls blouse. Ive had the front lift a couple of times with some enthusiastic accelerating but nothing else, so whats the deal, how do I get this 'wheelie monster' to lift when I want it too, not of its own free will? :D tips and advice please :thumbup:
HONDA Firestorm............your all TORQUE you are!
Jim67

Re: wheelies

Post by Jim67 »

Hi mate,
Some will disagree with this but this is what I think, If I were you I would go to a wheelie school simpley cos if you bin your bike then its game over and you look a complete prat!!! check some vids on you tube for evidence!!!!
Each to there own though but I have no desire to wheelie my bike or get my knee down on public roads, its not that I am old and boring but I think its just to dangerous!!!

Jim.

Also some bike dont like wheelies due to oil starvation to the engine when the fronts in the air, vfr's are one of these bikes but not sure on the vtr.

RACIST!!! not me....I'll race any fooker!!!!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

as jim says matey, do a wheelie day, normally on a bandit with a trip out on the back so you cant flip it!, about £90 full day, good laff and you wont bin your pride n joy! :wink:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

FirestormMike wrote:Shakey Byrne on a Firestorm.... ooooo
"Altered the rate of travel..." :lol:

Love that vid :thumbup:

Why don't we wear leathers like that anymore 8O
SP1's rock!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

OK well i've heard from the sensible brigade :wink2 and your advice makes ABSOLUTE sense and only a complete :Richard: would ignore it...................so seriously, how do I wheelie :lol:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Drop the clutch and give it some :biggrin
SP1's rock!
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

Jbrebel wrote:Drop the clutch and give it some :biggrin
1st.....2nd gear? what revs etc more info please :thumbup:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup: :P
SP1's rock!
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Don't know about your storm but i find that big handful in first will get the front off the floor but it does come up pretty quick and when it happens your normal reaction is to shut off which will end with the front coming down with a big bang. Not good for your steering bearings and looks sh1t. Better option second gear at about 2000rpm then quickly pull the clutch and realise while at the same time building the revs upto around 6000 takes a lot of practice to get right but couple of hours on the local supermarket carpark (obviously when there closed :lol: ) and you should be good. Oh and make sure you keep the rear brake covered if you feel the bike coming up to high then the rear brake is your best friend :Dancing1:
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

rst steve wrote:Don't know about your storm but i find that big handful in first will get the front off the floor but it does come up pretty quick and when it happens your normal reaction is to shut off which will end with the front coming down with a big bang. Not good for your steering bearings and looks sh1t. Better option second gear at about 2000rpm then quickly pull the clutch and realise while at the same time building the revs upto around 6000 takes a lot of practice to get right but couple of hours on the local supermarket carpark (obviously when there closed :lol: ) and you should be good. Oh and make sure you keep the rear brake covered if you feel the bike coming up to high then the rear brake is your best friend :Dancing1:
nice one I'll have a go (when it fookin stops raining :mad2 )
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Hondasrock,

See you live in East Sussex. I'm in Brighton and am also keen to have a pop at some wheelies... If you find a decent sized car park give me a shout and I'll come out and we can have a go, sensibly of course! I'll do likewise.

I'm not around this weekend and am off on a Euro road trip the following weekend :D :D :D but would be available during the week...

Cheers,

James
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:2 weeks time and the sales and wants section.....

Wanted: Firestorm rear subframe and seat plastics. Also side fairings required.

For sale: Pride. Slightly dented.
:biggrin well put Mike.

I wouldn't use my pride and joy to practice on, get yourself an old heap and practice on that first would be my suggestion. Lets face it you're bound to drop it a some point :!:

Or do as suggested, get yourself booked into a wheelie school,

Chris.
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Yeah you're probably right...

Definitely the safest option. Anyone else be interested in doing a wheelie school day if I look into booking it. Maybe get a group discount...
hondasrock

Post by hondasrock »

sirch345 wrote:
FirestormMike wrote:2 weeks time and the sales and wants section.....

Wanted: Firestorm rear subframe and seat plastics. Also side fairings required.

For sale: Pride. Slightly dented.
:biggrin well put Mike.

I wouldn't use my pride and joy to practice on, get yourself an old heap and practice on that first would be my suggestion. Lets face it you're bound to drop it a some point :!:

Or do as suggested, get yourself booked into a wheelie school,

Chris.
oh where's your sense of adventure :wink2 could be right tho, mind you £90 quid is very optomistic for a wheelie school more like £150-£200 :eek2 thats a lot of money to prat around, would rather do a track day for that.giddsy, will start looking for a big car park soon, failing that would be good just to meet up midway for a blat ,will be in touch soon.:thumbup:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Jbrebel wrote:Drop the clutch and give it some :biggrin

:shh:
SP1's rock!