Latest addition to the ZOO.

General Biker Banter
kevg

Latest addition to the ZOO.

Post by kevg »

We got her a few weeks ago but only just now getting around to posting it up, we are planning to run her with a sled, the breeder is going to help us to train her up.

say hello to Skye:

she's an Alaskan Malamute, in the first photo she is 8 weeks old...now she looks like this:

and she'll end up like this in 6 month or so:

cheerz

kev
stormingjoe

Re: Latest addition to the ZOO.

Post by stormingjoe »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Awww she's looks a little cracker Kev :thumbup:

Chris.
Phil-VTwin

Post by Phil-VTwin »

My daugther has one, incredibly powerful dogs, she will grow fast too :lol:

:thumbup:
Ride Safe
Phil
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :biggrin
SP1's rock!
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

comb, comb, comb and oh by the way comb
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

A fireman I work with has about 15 of them.
His wife's 3 dog team won the brittish champoiship a couple of years ago. The can run for ever!!!
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

We backed out of buying one few years back, commitments at work n all that.

We did lot of research into the breed n still fancy one (We have 2 labs at the mo) they like to pull (Obviously) so it is important you get them walking to heel from the off.

They also like to destroy things when they are bored, I saw a blokes sofa ruined by one that he left for a few hours. They also like to dig in the garden, so keep your eye on that one.

btw. tis a lovely looking dawg, I know they aint cheap either 8O enjoy the twice yearly malt .. your carpet will be white for a week at a time :D
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

It was my idea to get a malamute, I first saw them when I went to a husky rally up in Aviemore with my 2 german shepherds, fell in love with them, just like big teddy bears...awwwww - that was about 12 years ago.

Skye is our wedding present to each other :D she's absolutely brill, has been easy to train....so far....I've even got her trained on command to a whistle, wish it was as easy as that with the kids doh!

Anyway, because we're gonna be training her up with pulling sleds, scooters etc.. etc.. we're not supposed to stop her from pulling, at the mo I've to pull her everywhere coz she's still a bit worried about traffic :lol: The breeders showed us a belt type thing that we attach Skye to when she's bigger then you can use your whole body weight to keep some kind of control :biggrin

The house we are in is ideal for the dog, we live in an upstairs/downstairs house, kitchen and playroom downstairs, living room upstairs, so all the animals don't get upstairs :thumbup:

She's growing every day, we saw her brother from a previous litter last weekend and he was HUUUUGE!!! she'll only be an inch or so shorter than him eeeek!

I'm looking forward to winter and some proper snow to get her pulling...will be excellent fun :D

This is a video of the breeders with some of the their huskies...

Oh and we've been given advice to get one of these.....a FURMINATOR :clap:

http://www.furminator.com/
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

:thumbup:

Glad she's settled in nicely.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

What an awesome dog. I'm envious. How do you keep them cool in summer (given that we might get one eventually)?
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

Skye tends to find the shaded areas herself, we were advised to not overdo exercise in the summer months, about 15 mins every couple of hours or so. We've also got a big paddling pool for the wee one's, Skye likes to jump in there with them, we're also lucky that in the garden there is always a shaded area she can go to.

If I was working full time I wouldn't have even contemplated getting a malamute! the kids keep her entertained all day :thumbup: She's brill and couldn't ask for a better behaved wee puppy (well not so much wee now 8O )

Cheers

Nutty.
gilson

Post by gilson »

I remember seeing the Dog Whisperer on roller blades getting pulled by a similar breed of dog. That would be fun, until you fell off... mind you, leathers would be good?
No bike (yet).