Tango'd Storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave09

Re: Tango'd Storm

Post by dave09 »

now that is one very fine looking vtr :thumbup:
im worried when i die my wife will sell my bike for what i said i payed for it
tasum

Post by tasum »

just been looking through the thread, awesome work. very nice :cool2
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Lovely work there!! :thumbup:

Is the exhaust a standard 'Storm one welded up to be a 2 into 1? Kind of what I'd like to do.
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

Yes, it's a modified standard Storm exhaust. I had to re-route the rear header because I had to relocate the shock. Had to relocate the shock because the shape of the "V" in the front of the VFR800 swingarm didn't allow enough space for the components in their original position. I think I've written summat about it earlier in this thread.

So, shock moved to the left and the header moved to the right. I then linked up the pipework and created a single outlet for the stubby can. Oh, and I also had to notch the shock linkage arm to clear the new pipework under the swinger. Stock shock looks very close to the new header pipe but the Nitron shock now fitted has a narrower spring.

Pics should show it (below). These were taken early in the build when the bike - much has changed since then!!

Last edited by scubadog on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ginja1000

Post by ginja1000 »

Sorry to hijack your posts but i have a ducati seat unit with a powder coated subframe and brand new rear light if anybody is considering doing a back end like the Tango......i was gonna use it on my build but have had a change of ideas obviously the subframe will need modding etc pm me if anybody is interested P.S the Tango`d storm was my inspiration for my build i will post pics when the bike is complete
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

you have put some serious thought and engineering into that.verry nice :thumbup:
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

Hi Ginja. What Ducati seat unit is it and what year? Is the subframe from the same model Duke? And what condition? Might be interested myself as my best mate wants the same look on his EXUP fighter.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a spare pair of oil feed unions that fit on the Firestorm's crankcases I'm interested. These are the unions at the bottom of the crankcases that feed oil to the oil cooler lines. I want to fit an underseat oil cooler, probably a Mocal or Earls unit.

Scoobs.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

scubadog wrote:Hi Ginja. What Ducati seat unit is it and what year? Is the subframe from the same model Duke? And what condition? Might be interested myself as my best mate wants the same look on his EXUP fighter.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a spare pair of oil feed unions that fit on the Firestorm's crankcases I'm interested. These are the unions at the bottom of the crankcases that feed oil to the oil cooler lines. I want to fit an underseat oil cooler, probably a Mocal or Earls unit.

Scoobs.
I doubt you can buy the oil unions separately. Best get hold of a knackered set & cut them off.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

Yep, off to good ol' eBay today. Crapped myself when I asked the local Honda dealer how much for a new set of oil cooler lines.
maggot

Post by maggot »

Nice a proper fighter not a i lobbed it and put loony lights on it fighter :)
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

Thought I'd put some fairly recent pics up as there have been some mods over the last two years...

Thinking about fitting an underseat oil cooler this month. The stock VTR cooler is as much use as a chocolate teapot so will fit a 19-row Earls cooler with a couple of computer fans for cooling. Anyone else done this?
Last edited by scubadog on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Draughty :o
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

I know streetfighters are supposed to have a raked up seat unit but that's a bit extreme...

God, that woman didn't half have a fair set of tits and pins
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

She's looking as good as ever Scubadog 8) 8)
Your tip up seat looks handy :thumbup:

Chris.
scubadog

Post by scubadog »

Hi Chris. Thanks for the comments. The seat unit is a complete transplant from a 748S and includes the standard Ducati seat pivot. Makes it really easy getting to all the electrics. The rear lights are mounted in the seat unit so I used a contact switch from the Ford Transit side door to make the connection. There's a pic of that somewhere on the forum.