was going so well!!

General Bike chat
dave-sp2

was going so well!!

Post by dave-sp2 »

hi guys

well day was going well, babysitter turned up on time so of we went to the sea side, traffic was busy and not moving out the way very often but made progress all the same, then came home the back way, more bends but more bumps and tractors etc, you can't win them all.

backed the bike in the garden and hoped off, when i noticed this!!!

so got the padock stand out to investigate, well there only one word for it!!

guess i need some more new rubber now!!! ruined a good ride but at least we got home! could of been worse.

hope everyone else has had more fun in the sun!!!!

dave
gilson

Re: was going so well!!

Post by gilson »

Gutted Dave....

Time for some Dunlop Qualifier IIs? They are great....

Could repair it though...
No bike (yet).
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

my mate who i get my tyres of has metzlers and dunny's, my bro is running the dunny's so i was thinking of giving them ago this time.

you get my pm martyn?

thanks

dave

p,s, could get it repaired but there is only a mm or so of the wear markers after today. don't last long with 27 stone ontop of it.that's not just me by the way!!! i'm not that big!!! :oops:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AH Bugger! :evil:
At least you made it home, what a pain in the A$$
Do you get much of a discount on tyres? We're always looking out for a bargain on here and if it's not lidols it's a bit of a novelty :wink2

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Screw it back in, paint it black then forget about it :thumbup:
Rich.

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

cupasoop wrote:Screw it back in, paint it black then forget about it :thumbup:
hahaha............ my mates had a nail in his back tyre since before the TT trip, tight b8stard says it'll see the yr out!!! 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: mind his dad is a scot :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

dave-sp2 wrote:my mate who i get my tyres of has metzlers and dunny's, my bro is running the dunny's so i was thinking of giving them ago this time.

you get my pm martyn?

thanks

dave

p,s, could get it repaired but there is only a mm or so of the wear markers after today. don't last long with 27 stone ontop of it.that's not just me by the way!!! i'm not that big!!! :oops:
Dave did you not read my post! :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 My SP had a repaired rear tyre (nearly new I didnt know it was repaired) and the plug just gave up on the entrance to a roundabout. Nearly cost me a big spill. Its not worth repairing a tyre new or not. Just my opinion though :cool2
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Beamish wrote:
dave-sp2 wrote:my mate who i get my tyres of has metzlers and dunny's, my bro is running the dunny's so i was thinking of giving them ago this time.

you get my pm martyn?

thanks

dave

Dave did you not read my post! :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 My SP had a repaired rear tyre (nearly new I didnt know it was repaired) and the plug just gave up on the entrance to a roundabout. Nearly cost me a big spill. Its not worth repairing a tyre new or not. Just my opinion though :cool2

no mate i did't, but i'm not getting it repaired. sorry to hear about your experience :thumbdown: could have been worse!!!
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Get a tyre place to stick a proper mushroom plug in that. It'll never shift after that.
Loads left in that tyre (Zakalwe- being tight since 1985!!)
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Zakalwe wrote:Get a tyre place to stick a proper mushroom plug in that. It'll never shift after that.
Loads left in that tyre (Zakalwe- being tight since 1985!!)
The 6mm plug was rattling about inside the tyre when it was removed from the rim. Trust me it came out. Each to their own though.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

It makes you wonder how it can actually happen ,...i mean screws don't lie on the road pointing upwards,...so how the fook do they go in the tyre like that :?

I had a similar placed puncture about 200 miles into a new tyre,it was actually a very sharp stone i pulled out. I got it plugged and had no trouble with it at all after that.
Each to their own though ,poss if i had plenty spare readies at the time,i would've bought a new tyre,but i didn't ,so got it repaired :)
Stevie
goody

Post by goody »

They get flicked up by the front tyre then end up in the back one. Easiest way to avoid punctures is to wheelie everywhere.
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

:thumbup: now i see where i'm going wrong!!! :lol: :lol:
goody

Post by goody »

You've got mates?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

And I know it makes matters worse, but looking at the lack of damage to the screw head, it happened quite close to home!

My mate is a builder, and when we load / unload the trials bikes into his van, I notice that screws lying around on the floor of his van sometimes fall out on the road in front of my house.
Now I make him park infront of my neighbours house, so I dont get any punctures!:Oops:

He may have been working at your neighbours too
AMcQ