Carb balancing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tomekrvf

Carb balancing

Post by tomekrvf »

Hi boys. I've got one question according carb balancing. In service manual there is mentioned that vacuum difference between carbs is 20mmHg and base carb is front one. So:
-vacuum must be equal on both carbs
-vacuum in rear carb must be 20mmHg higher than front?
Manual for SP-1,SP-2 says clearly that vacuum in rear port must be higher. In manual for Firestorm this chapter isn't obvious for me.
LutonStorm

Re: Carb balancing

Post by LutonStorm »

Hi there,
I read it as there can be difference of 20mmHg between the front and rear. Phil VTwin and I just plaed around until the needles were in the same place. They were definately within the tolerance allowed!

Good luck.
tomekrvf

Post by tomekrvf »

When I checked first time carb synchronization, I suppose first time from factory, I found that rear vacuum was exactly 20mmHg higher than front. On synchronization adjusting screw and on throttle stop screw was paint lines(marks) perfectly aligned. Therefore I'm wondering how the carbs must be synchronized.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

The Firestorm balance should be the same front and rear, just looked it up, haven't had to do it in a while :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal