Re: Stormless

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Nice he's enjoying it. But you expected nothing less eh?

I do about 45mpg on the VTR when 'touring' at around 75-80mph.
It's not too bad eh?
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

Timbo wrote:
...but getting a bit dated now i think.

See him.... he hath just replaced his beautiful mistress for just 5 minutes and already he doth mock us...!!!
Join friends, we must banish this unbeliever....!

Funny though, I've never had so much fun giving my money away to people. (well ok, petrol station operators) I bet the guy's still grinning now!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I think your right Tim. They are very good bikes for the money and do everything well-typical Honda really. Shame they never made a new one.
SP1's rock!
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

I suppose Honda's got it all sewn up really.
If you want a small racer - CBR600RR
If you want a big racer - CBR1000RR FireBlade
If you want a tourer - VFR / V4

Where does the Firestorm really fit in? Actually as fashions go, we're back in the 80's now. So we need to hang onto the 'Storms for another 10 years and they'll be right back in fashion.

As old dogs go - she's not bad. In fact i'd go as far as saying she's a bit of a MILF. Or is that MILK (motorbike i'd like to have KEPT)???
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Timbo wrote:LS, not just done it mate - had 3 Storms over 3 years or so and also ridden a ZRX1200R and more recently a CB1300 alongside them for the last 2 years. So not JUST replaced it.

Storms are great bikes, they really are, but come on, they are a 12 year old design. A very good design, but dated.

What is needed is a new Storm. Take the engine from an SP, mix it with something of similar dimensions to a Viffer and you have a new Storm. I would buy one of them in an instant.
Come on Tim ,you're saying 'storms are a 12 year old design,maybe so ,but .......yer ZRX and CB1300 are 80's designs ...ahh....but thats not old fashioned,thats "Retro" :!: ...............says a packed with modern technology Bandit owner :wink: :lol:........................ps ...i know what you mean :)
Stevie
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

Hey Timbo,

I think you're right - many people will disagree with you about it's looks.
BUT
I think here's as good a place as any to discuss that. You owned a few, you say, so why not tell us about the good and bad bits.

I'm also in agreement with modern looks etc. I nearly saved for a few more months and was looking at a CBR600RR. I love the neat lines and looks.
BUT something made me look time and again at the VTR and being my first big bike there's a special relationship building.

I hope i'm as in love with it as you were....?
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I never had a problem comfort wise on the storm Tim-but I'm not as tall or large (ment in the nicest possible sense :D) as your good self. My RGV250R was a different kettle of fish...
LutonStorm wrote:Hey Timbo,

I think you're right - many people will disagree with you about it's looks.
BUT
I think here's as good a place as any to discuss that. You owned a few, you say, so why not tell us about the good and bad bits.

I'm also in agreement with modern looks etc. I nearly saved for a few more months and was looking at a CBR600RR. I love the neat lines and looks.
BUT something made me look time and again at the VTR and being my first big bike there's a special relationship building.

I hope i'm as in love with it as you were....?
There's no replacement for displacement :P

If you’re enjoying the storm the RR would be extremely revvy and maybe a little frustrating to ride in comparison-even though it probably throws out similar power.

Think it'd run rings round the storm on the handling front though :) As far as a first big 1000 V2 goes I don't think you can go wrong with the storm. The engines nice for the road.
SP1's rock!
LutonStorm

Post by LutonStorm »

You see that's the things really. I did a fair bit of research before I went for the Storm. And that's where I found you guys. There's very little out there from people lovin' the RR's. ('spect there is if you look hard enough - ed!)

But it was the money that did it for me. I got all this (pointing at the Storm!) for so little money. I'd have got a late 80's/early 90's CBR600 for the same price. But then it's the age thing on insurance I suppose!

The dream has now been edited to :- Storm - everyday commuter. And then either a CBR600RR or Triumph 675 Daytona as the fun/track bike.

It's all going a bit mad really!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i have to agree the diffrence between my dads blade of only a few years newer and the the 2000 model storm is night and day,

the brakes feel like cheese on the storm compared to the RR3.

the blade and similar bike's has had constant upgrades if only the big H had had done a new storm in 2005 with sharper looks and upside down forks and a twin spar swing arm with brakes as big as your leg and fuel injection as standard.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033