Fairing fabricator recommendations please

General Bike chat
Granty

Fairing fabricator recommendations please

Post by Granty »

I like the look of my VTR, but even so I have to admit that it is a little dated. So utilising my O level art visualisation techniques on a wet afternoon with nothing better to do, I took a sheaf of body-colour matched paper and stuck it true Blue Peter stylee onto the front of the fairing to obscure the headlight.

Abracadabra, it now looks like your average race/track day machine.

Then by cutting out a couple of circular holes in the front section of the paper to imitate projector headlights, a la Ducati 999, it has completely transformed the appearance of the machine. Seriously!

I reckon that if I could find someone with competence in moulding fibreglass to make one up for me I'd have a real 'special', and of course with so many 'Storms on the road, also a potential market if I could get them manufactured at a reasonable cost.

Can anyone recommend a fairing fabricator please? I've got a famous carbon fibre fabricator who's willing to have a go, but as he makes bespoke CF cycle frames for Olympians and cycling pro's at £4 - £7 grand a pop, I'm not inclined to give it much thought.

In the meantime next time you look at your bike, try to imagine it with twin stacked projector headlights, and let me know if you think it would be a product you would buy.

Cheers

Granty
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Sounds good to me the headlight section is definetly ancient. :D
W@zzA

Headlights

Post by W@zzA »

I'm sure someone makes a race/trackday fairing for the storm :?: If you get one of these (without the headlight cut out) it'll give you a good starting point to fit projector lights etc :idea: The only downside is that pattern/fibreglass stuff useually dosn't fit that well and takes a bit of messing around to fit nicely :idea:
I totally agree about the Headlight being dated check out the pics in cunning stunts I'm gonna do one with a new CBR6 top fairing/headlights 8)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

W@zzA I like the look of the fairing you're doing in cunning stunts. Make sure you give us a picture or two when you've finished it and tell us how it work's as far as the aerodynamic's go, good luck with the project,

Granty, I think your idea is a good one and obviously would be a lot cheaper option, I hope you will find somebody to produce your idea at a sensibile cost, good luck and don't give up,

cheers Chris.