vtr streetfighter build moriwaki madness

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
motostorm

Re: vtr streetfighter build moriwaki madness

Post by motostorm »

its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

looks mean as crouton m8 - very nice indeed! :thumbup:

i notice on your fuelling line though, you have a very very similar dip on the rich side as i had with mine... then it levelled out as the revs rose...
it was caused by non standard diaphragm springs & drilled carb slides.
if you have drilled yours it might be well worth you plugging the holes with a bit of o ring superglued in the hole, then have another dyno run - i think you will be surprised lol!
if you have fitted the lighter springs out of a dynojet stage 2 kit, junk them and put the standard ones back in - makes a world of difference m8, maybe slot in a bmc 1404r filter as well to take advantage of the extra fuel you're squirting in!

cracking job youve done on that bud :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

cheers b+h , id have to admit none of the carb or motor mods were mine so its a bit of an unknown , all ive done with the motor is an ebc kevlar clutch kit, valve clearences , and sevicing , it was really the chassis and cosmetics i put together , but am sure more info will turn up as i believe its known to a few people on the site ,
the reason i havent interfered with it is apart from being really bad on (upto) 1/4 throttle (its piggish :shifty: ) it fuels really good , its really well set up apart from that , and its not really a bike for around town or traffic :twisted: . high seat , bad lock

the handling is fantastic :biggrin and it flies

im happy :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking great Motostorm :thumbup: Nice you got back to us now you've re-designed her 8)

I see you have USD forks now with radial calipers, a very nice touch IMHO :thumbup: Which forks did you use :?:

Chris.
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

sirch345 wrote:It's looking great Motostorm :thumbup: Nice you got back to us now you've re-designed her 8)

I see you have USD forks now with radial calipers, a very nice touch IMHO :thumbup: Which forks did you use :?:

Chris.
its i believe 2005 cbr1000rr , it had a stem already fitted for a 96 blade and so dropped straight in , its very good works great , reduces steering lock tho ,
i expected the wheelbase to be short but its fine theres only about 5mm or so in it ,
the bike did require a damper tho :problem:
ive just put an r1 front on my other bike ill report back on that too , :biggrin . for me its really the storms weak point ,
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

motostorm wrote: its i believe 2005 cbr1000rr , it had a stem already fitted for a 96 blade and so dropped straight in , its very good works great , reduces steering lock tho ,
i expected the wheelbase to be short but its fine theres only about 5mm or so in it ,
the bike did require a damper tho :problem:
ive just put an r1 front on my other bike ill report back on that too , :biggrin . for me its really the storms weak point ,
Cheers for the info on the USD forks. I look forward to seeing some photo's (hopefully :wink: ) of your other Storm with the R1 front end, when it's finished :D

Chris.
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

no probs chris , bike is not much to look at in terms of bling , but its how i want it :biggrin
[imgImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/img]

By davebikekraft at 2010-11-14

[imgImage
][/img]
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

motostorm wrote:no probs chris , bike is not much to look at in terms of bling , but its how i want it :biggrin
Thanks for the photo's Motostorm. The R1 forks look good IMHO, as does that single headlight :thumbup: I feel it gives the bike presence :thumbup:

Chris.