ooooh !! sounds cool

General Bike chat
CHUGNUT

ooooh !! sounds cool

Post by CHUGNUT »

hi all,
i've just fitted some high level, carbon art race cans to my 53 plated storm, they look fantastic and sound awesome.
problem is, they may be a bit too loud! ( for some ) :wink:
i had an art race can on my cbr 6 but it wasn't this loud.
have any of you guys using these cans been pulled up much?
what's the penalty for using race cans on the road?
how can i lose the "not for road use" stamp?

thump.....thump.....thump.....thump.....thump.....thump......thump......thump......thump.....thump...etc

cheers
dino
but........that's they way we've always done it

Dino
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Art High Level Titanium’s- very loud, never been stopped, just be sensible ride slowly and considerately and..........

Ha!
Ha!
Ha!, couldn't keep a straight face................

I'll swap em over when I’m pulled, as to the "not for road use" marks it would be foolish to polish them off...............even more serious than running with illegal cans, still they passed the MOT!!!

just have fun and keep it the right way up!

Phil
twintin

2 LOUD????

Post by twintin »

ART high level s/s Vloud-luverly got a bollocking from wifey for startin it in the garage (got to be done) made the whole house shake 2 year old daughter said fix it daddy so i have had to temporaraly (near enough) fit a pair of wolf baffles they still sound shed loads better than standard cans though. Shall try to blag the mot when it comes up and take me licks if i get pulled
its not rust it's character
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

"how can i lose the "not for road use" stamp"

If it is on the strap around the end of the can you can get hold of some plain straps (ask DAZ) or drill out the pop rivets and turn it in side out and rivit it back on.

Loosing the not for road use stamp is not a majour problem but putting a BS.**** number road leagal stamp/plate on your cans can cause you big problems. "perverting the course of justice" or somthing like that.

If your riding in a built up area or near Plod keep the revs down and use some common sence

Then again sod it go make some noise :lol:
Swifty

Re: 2 LOUD????

Post by Swifty »

twintin wrote:ART high level s/s Vloud-luverly got a bollocking from wifey for startin it in the garage (got to be done) made the whole house shake 2 year old daughter said fix it daddy so i ... icks if i get pulled
Whoa, silly family interefering with the bike :wink:
Wowie! I have Yoshi RS3 cans roaring out the back, and simply idling in the garage shakes the kitchen like somethings gonna fall off the ceiling or sumthin!!! I had my roomie rip the throttle a bit while I was inside, and the house was going "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" you can't imagine the smile I had on my face :D :D :D :D

Can't imagine how these cans kick it. Are they as loud as the RS3s?!
Oh and no "stamp" here :D:D
· Shaun
· 98 'Hawk
Trip Trip Nanny!!
twintin

vrooooooooom

Post by twintin »

Swifty
never heard the RS3's so don't know how they sound but the art's r f loud very f loud.My buddy races a 996 an a prilla rsv an its as loud as them tee hee
its not rust it's character
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm also running RS3's, a good compromise as they aren't crazy loud but certainly sound much healthier than stock.
Swifty

Post by Swifty »

VtwinVince wrote:I'm also running RS3's, a good compromise as they aren't crazy loud but certainly sound much healthier than stock.
I get looks from Harley guys :wink: A lot of guys are like "Wow, what is THAT?!"

Pretty coo' yoo gehs. :lol:
· Shaun
· 98 'Hawk
Trip Trip Nanny!!
scottVTR

Post by scottVTR »

Mines got oval carbon mufflers and is loud and deep, I park it at work in an underground carpark. After I kill the engine the carpark still reverberates the sound for a few seconds...
Neophyte

Post by Neophyte »

Mine has S.A. made Vortex cans which also sound nice and meaty. It nearly always sets of a car alarm when I enter the basement parking at work. On Thursday evenings when I go slot-car racing my friend open the electric gate when I start coming down the street of about 80m-100m. My wto year old boy does however not say fix it. He actually loves it!