No, I am too busy surfing for "internet art" to play
No votes
No, my wife wont let me, TV is for Corrie
No votes
No, I wont have them new fangled gadgets in the house
No votes
No, i am too busy riding my bike
No votes
No, i am a grumpy old git with crap thumbs! :)
32%

Total votes: 19

Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Re: Are you a gamer?

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Voted yes PC gaming :P :D
geodude

Post by geodude »

There should be an option for the following.

DREAMCAST - PS1 - PS2 - PS3 - PSP - XBOX - XBOX360 - GAMECUBE - WII - DS - PC

I think I am a gamer :)

I only really play PS3 and XBOX360 these days (When not out on the bike that is)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Nope , i'm not into those things at all !!

My kids did have a PS1 a good few years back ,but they / me got fed up with it very quickly ,.....2 girls i've got ,and they're not interested in games consoles,but i do realise if i'd had sons ,more than likely there would be the latest games consoles in my house ,as both my nephews are into them in a BIG way :!:

I just think it's sad the amount of hours spent sitting in the house playing those type of games (going by nephew anyway ,who's 14),....ffs ...when i was that age i was never in the house, i was always out with my pals ,whether cycling/fishing/ferreting/collecting birds eggs/collecting golf balls to sell/stealing apples from folks gardens ,or whatever :!: :!:

Regarding adults playing them ,well whatever floats yer boat i suppose ,i cant really knock them ,as i havn't tried them ,apart from years ago the PS1,,....but i know a big fella from work who retired very recently is right into games systems,infact with the £200 or so collection money we gathered in for him (retirement gift/age 65 ),he was going to buy another system :!:

Anyone else not into them?????......surely i'm not the only one....... :eek2
Stevie
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Absolutely. PC.
Elite, Battlezone II, Homeworld, Rise of Nations, the Total War series and above all, Command & Conquer (excl. RA3 :thumbdown:)
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

PS3 for me, COD 6 :D when my lad lets me av a go that is :roll:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

my sitting room is gamer heaven, I have an xbox 360 a ps3 and a Wii. Well I do have 2 teenage sons oh yeah and me makes 3 teenagers in the house.
Last edited by Jazzscot on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Twinpotter wrote:Absolutely. PC.
Elite,

Hey get download some X-universe games as you like space sims :P
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Combat Mission: CM Beyond Overlord, CM Barbarossa to Berlin, CM Afrika Korp & CM2 (modern) Shock Force - Let's invade Syria!

Hours, days, weeks, months, and years of unscripted warfare simulation fun and respect for pixeltroopen

http://www.battlefront.com
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Can we have an option that says "NO, I'm not as sad as the rest of you." :wink2
Rich.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

And one for the paper dart/warehouse/lots of hairdryers option?
:idea:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gilson

Post by gilson »

I really enjoy games, especially the Xbox360 as its online gaming is great. The only thing that get's right on my Ts is the chat you get from young americans that seem to dominate the games! Other rather sad things are crying babies in the background and men telling their children to shut up whilst they play...

I'm getting COD6 for Christmas but enjoy playing operation flashpoint and GTA IV... good games...

I've tried the demo of the MotoGP games and they are very difficult. I've never really liked driving racing riding games anyway...
No bike (yet).
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Had a go once.......no interest.....So just for you FirestormMike
put me in the category " I'm a miserable old git"
Though i do like listening to the music of joe Satriani who composed
some of the early playstation themes .
pariah

Post by pariah »

Most deffo.

PC First Person Shooters. Find it so relaxing when coming home from work . :thumbup:
As for the x box and play stations, canrn,t get on with the controlers.
pariah

Post by pariah »

Just thought, due to tims insight into asking this.
What if we could start a game swapping / wanted section for us sados that play games.
Just an Idea. :think:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bikerpiker wrote:Nope , i'm not into those things at all !!

My kids did have a PS1 a good few years back ,but they / me got fed up with it very quickly ,.....2 girls i've got ,and they're not interested in games consoles,but i do realise if i'd had sons ,more than likely there would be the latest games consoles in my house ,as both my nephews are into them in a BIG way :!:

I just think it's sad the amount of hours spent sitting in the house playing those type of games (going by nephew anyway ,who's 14),....ffs ...when i was that age i was never in the house, i was always out with my pals ,whether cycling/fishing/ferreting/collecting birds eggs/collecting golf balls to sell/stealing apples from folks gardens ,or whatever :!: :!:

Regarding adults playing them ,well whatever floats yer boat i suppose ,i cant really knock them ,as i havn't tried them ,apart from years ago the PS1,,....but i know a big fella from work who retired very recently is right into games systems,infact with the £200 or so collection money we gathered in for him (retirement gift/age 65 ),he was going to buy another system :!:

Anyone else not into them?????......surely i'm not the only one....... :eek2

BP, it must be a Scottish thing, as I just cant get into games either, even the motorbike racing games dont do it for me.............decided I can only relate to it in real life, a simulation is not good enough [well the "internet art" may be the exception :D :D ].

I have to tick the grumpy box............ but would add that I would rather spend time with the bikes or any other gadget [MTB, RC toys etc]. Rideing, cleaning, building, fixing, modding, or reading about it.

If you want a real hobby :eek2 I can reccomend a trials bike to all of you .......... great way to still play on bikes through the winter, and it keeps you fit, and it improves your bike skills.

I only just took up this hobby [1.5yrs ago], and after all my time in roadracing and then enduro racing, I never though I would like trials as it is not about speed..........I was wrong ...........it could be the best form of motorcycle sport I have tried.

but I will stop as I am in danger of hijacking Timbo's thread, and that would never do!! :D
AMcQ