is my seat stusk??

General Bike chat
Don Denmark

is my seat stusk??

Post by Don Denmark »

:oops: oki this is quite embarrassing but I just cant get the seat off, have had my vtr for 2 month now have acutely not ridden it yet (no licen plates before march cant F%#$ing wait) anyway since the battery is dead I wanted to take it out for a recharge BUT I cant get the seat off ???
This is what I do, I stick the key in turn it all the way and jank the seat in different directions but the darn thing just won’t come off, I’m a bit afraid to use too much force? Either I’m doing something completely wrong or it’s stuck somehow :? sorry to be stupid but if you have red my thread about how much those things cost in Denmark I think you will undestand :(
W@zzA

seat

Post by W@zzA »

Turn the key and grab the front of seat by the tank and give it a few yanks backwards towards the rear its ok you wont break anything :!:
Then when you have the seat off find the two loops that come up from the subframe (where the seat hooks locate) and bend them forward a bit then you'll find the seat comes off easier :!:

Warren
Don Denmark

Post by Don Denmark »

oki thanks ill give it a try :D and go to bed :wink:
aussie twin

Post by aussie twin »

don,
seems to be normal mine does it .
put key in give it a good hard push and swear alot it works for me. :lol:
t00lkit

Stiffy

Post by t00lkit »

Don

When trying to get your seat off, make sure you don't bend/snap your key as they are not cheap, (hss etc)

Sometime it helps if you lift the rear seat cowl when you turn the key.
I grab my seat at each side and pull backwards.
But they are a bit stiff generally.

Good luck
RAINMAKER

seat

Post by RAINMAKER »

keep key turned while pulling seat back, I hold mine right where it meets the tank..........there all the same though............PaulW
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Same again Don,

Turn the key and pull the seat from the front. Then disapear out the back of the garage as it suddenly decides to release, in a big heep!!!!!!!
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Badger

Post by Badger »

If you want some real fun, fit a rentec grab rail, leave the seat cowl on,
then try getting the seat on & off :x :evil:
Alan
Don Denmark

Post by Don Denmark »

:roll: oki thanks guys.. I’ll tell you whether I succeeded or not after my next attempt
sproutout

Post by sproutout »

I'm with Badger - fit the single seat cowl & rentec and have a go, if you can get it on or off without wrecking it or suffering a nervous breakdown it'll be a miracle.
just to add my 2peneth worth
lift the back of the seat a little to make sure the latch has come free (you wont be able to lift it much)
grab either side of the front pull it back
swear, struggle (also sometimes helps to push down and back where the seat rises up to the pillion part) and off she comes.
Too much ambition results in promotion to a job you cant do!!!
W@zzA

seat

Post by W@zzA »

Have you got that seat off yet :?:
barrioplano

Post by barrioplano »

After much swearing this is the procedure I follow now:while standing on the left side of the byke turn gently the key with your right hand (the lock really disengages without using much force!); at the same time use your left hand to grab the lower left edge of the front section seat and pull it towards the back of the byke.
While keeping the key turned, pull the right lower left edge and then go back to the left.

At this point my seat is (usually) off its hooks... but, truth to tell, I almost stopped storing the U-lock under the seat
CHUGNUT

Post by CHUGNUT »

looks like we're all having the same ,
sometimes it takes me kin' ages,
you just have to horse it off wi some muscle!!
:lol:
but........that's they way we've always done it

Dino
W@zzA

Seat

Post by W@zzA »

Mine comes off really easy :roll: Watch this space I'll take a pic and show you all a little mod to do I'll post it over the weekend :wink:

Warren
Don Denmark

Post by Don Denmark »

sorry guys im so busy atm. and I feel guilty each time I go down to see my bike cos its not stored in the best way its I a garage (more like a shed)
yesterday thee was a big pool of water on the floor there is holes in the roof, sometimes gets quite humid I have covered it with a bike cover sprayd it WD40 all over and said a prayer, im working on a some sort of trolley I can put it on and cover it with another layer and avoid the humidity from the swimming pool on the floor it just cant take up to much space or the women with there baby wagons will go bananas :x (they store there wagons same place) :( wonder if theres gonna be anything left of my poor bike :cry:
if it was to corrod, rust, would the disk or pips not be the first place to see it?? so fare there has not been any