Metzeler ME Z6

General Bike chat
ht

Metzeler ME Z6

Post by ht »

Hi

Has anyone tested the ME Z6 rear tire on a firestorm? I'm looking for a good allround tire for my storm and I've read that the ME Z4 is a bit clumsy to steer. Please feel free to recommend also other brands!
ktd001

tyres

Post by ktd001 »

Hiya
Using BT010's at mo. They were already fitted (and well scrubbed in) when I got the bike last year, I've done over 4000 miles since (inc.touring and commuting) and they don't need replacing yet! They drop into corners beautifully and give loads of confidence in the rain and on cold roads. (If anyone from Bridgestone is reading this, I'll have a free set for the publicity!). Seriously, they work great and they don't square off like the 020's do, even with a lot of motorway miles.
Ken
RAINMAKER

tyres

Post by RAINMAKER »

dunlops on mine.......don't feel safe at all..207's i think....might be me though always run bridgstoe before........except red arrows and TT 100's anyone remember them?
I think I will go for 010's or the new PILOT POWER cos they sound good.
Has anyone tried them yet.
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I tried the 207rr but found they were pretty skittish until they were really warmed up & they tended to turn the front in pretty quickly,
i now run pirelli dragon corsas... they are brill & stable both in the wet & dry