Hi Guys & Gals..

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Anotherbikerbabe

Hi Guys & Gals..

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hello everybody :wink:

I hail Newcastle Upon Tyne and have lived in Dumfries & Galloway for almost 2 years now. We will defo be going 'home' within 2-3 years.

I past my test 2 years ago so relatively new to biking as a pilot but not as a passenger and I did make sure I did the 'Bikewise' Training with the Durham Motorcycle Police and that was really great.. I have always been into bikes ever since I encountered the 'Beehive' in Whitley Bay one day as lived there and so as a young slip of a 16yr old, was constantly riding on the back.:thumbup: I have a Suzuki GSX 600 and like a fool I bought it without testing or riding it!! DOH... It never worked for me with all the weight on the wrists etc so last year, I sold a 08 Honda 500-AS with only 4.5K on the clock and it gave me the funds to buy another bike.

I had seen my Storm on a classified Ad and was going to a friends wedding in the Borders Aug BH weekend and told myself, if it were still there when I got home on the Sunday, I'd go over on the BH Mon and have a look...You reckon you can just 'have a look' :!: ....erm, no......lol..

I'd read a whole stack of reviews on the net first and knew it was a bit thirsty, but I have expensive hobbies so was prepared. 8O

Sat on it, wanted to make sure it wasn't as far forward as the GSX etc and once I was happy sat on it, my money was out of my purse s%*t hot and in his hand lol..I couldn't believe it was.. A) Still for sale and B) A steal..... I had it HPI checked etc before handing over my hard earned cash though, not daft! The guy was wanting the dosh quite fast so I got it for a real steal.....Well done to me and feeling pretty chuffed asked my Dave to ride home for me, knowing if anything was amiss with it, he'd know.... :P

It has just sailed through its MOT after having to replace the plate (as they said it was not legal...) so had new one made, took it back for the MOT, took it home, and changed the plate back lol. :idea:

I have ridden it to Newcastle and back many times but my biggest trip on it will be in June when I head to Ullapool with some girlfriends on their bikes, so really looking forward to it. :clap:

We got out yesterday for an 88 miles (ish) ride and today went up to Castle Douglas and back as wanted to make the most of the sunshine as back to work tomorrow.

Well, that's me, and I look forward to reading all the posts when I have a spare 100 yrs to get through them all! :crazy:

Anyway, that's me, and here is 'Storm' ......Complete with Carbon Co cans, no baffles lol..When someone kindly tells me how to add my images?!? as when I click on the 'Img' button, all it does, is put those exact letters in my main message body???

I had my CCT death last Sept so I know all about how it can go wrong, and have put paid to that happening again lol...

Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Mon May 31, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
steveb

Re: Hi Guys & Gals..

Post by steveb »

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure the lads on here will be pleased another lady has joined.....................looking fwd to the pic's.
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

hi there, welcome....did u hav a ride out last year with RAY....old guy with a 650cc scooter in dumfrise??????? lol
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hey and welcome.
Re pics, have a look at the top thread in the Test section- tells you all you need to know.

You're one of the first so far who had the CCT death rattle BEFORE joining :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Anotherbikerbabe

blacknek wrote:hi there, welcome....did u hav a ride out last year with RAY....old guy with a 650cc scooter in dumfrise??????? lol
Sorry hun, no, that wasn't me...Or I don't think so :?: I've had a sleep since then :crazy: lol..
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Made it here at last did you?
Rich.

Anotherbikerbabe

cupasoop wrote:Made it here at last did you?
:wave: you..lol. Yes thank you. Just got to post my bike pics!!!!
ABB xx
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

uh! a bird :mrgreen: helllllllooo :mrgreen:
show us yer bike then :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Anotherbikerbabe

benny hedges wrote:uh! a bird :mrgreen: helllllllooo :mrgreen:
show us yer bike then :thumbup:
Hee hee, yes, a real life chick pml. I have tried to post my bike pics, I copied the properties off the pics on my FB, put the pasted link in, previewed it, it showed the links but no images!!!! ARGHHHHHH.......

ABB xx
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh it does when you preview it.
just post em and if it dunt work we'll fix em :)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

:roll: If you want something done....ask a man.

Rich.

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ok then, looks like forum rideout is to ullapool in june then lol :P
tidy bike :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the forum.

D&G aint such a bad place to be.!..........I keep telling myself I will get back one day, but I left over 20 yrs ago, so I just keep going back to visit the family and ride the roads :D

I was ex Corsock, so if you found that village in your trip to Castle Douglas.............you were lost!

And good to see you got a yellow one.
AMcQ
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

hiya and welcome
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

great ! another storm tearing up the southwest ! we need to meet maybe largs or girvan or central belt to compare cct death rattles . .
welcome to the body o the kirk !
Geordie