New to me VTR1000

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
cwilson

New to me VTR1000

Post by cwilson »

Here it is...not really pimped out, just a mostly original bike.

The right side has a couple little scrapes, so I'll only show off the pretty side.
simo

Re: New to me VTR1000

Post by simo »

Nice clean bike m8. Is it an import? :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

simo wrote:Nice clean bike m8. Is it an import? :thumbup:
It would be if you shipped it to UK; the bike's in Detroit.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

no harsh winter road salt either - bodywork should be rust free - only thing it will get is a bit of uv fading.
think detroit weather is very similar to ours isn't it - apart from isn't it sposed to be really windy there???

bike looks mint :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
simo

Post by simo »

:redface Silly me, noticed number plate on car but now't put me brain in gear :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup: nice bike :)
SP1's rock!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Cwilson, nice bike, and a great colour!
Where in Detroit are you? I go out to Washington & Livonia on my trips to Michigan 4 or 5 times a year, might be able to sort out some import & export for parts if it will fit in my hold luggage :thumbup: .
benny hedges wrote:no harsh winter road salt either - bodywork should be rust free - only thing it will get is a bit of uv fading.
think detroit weather is very similar to ours isn't it - apart from isn't it sposed to be really windy there???
Benny, Detroit gets F-cold in the winter, I am pretty sure they use salt [well based on the rusted out pickups I see there], and their roads make our pot holes look like microscopic imperfections!
AMcQ
cwilson

Post by cwilson »

AMCQ46 wrote:Cwilson, nice bike, and a great colour!
Where in Detroit are you? I go out to Washington & Livonia on my trips to Michigan 4 or 5 times a year, might be able to sort out some import & export for parts if it will fit in my hold luggage :thumbup: .

Benny, Detroit gets F-cold in the winter, I am pretty sure they use salt [well based on the rusted out pickups I see there], and their roads make our pot holes look like microscopic imperfections!
Grosse Pointe, so about 30 minutes away from Livonia.

And you very rarely see anyone on a bike between end of November til mid March. It takes that long for the rain to wash the salt off the roads. Detroit possibly has the worst roads in all of the US.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i thought they used urea on the roads now in the states, which is basically dried pish lol.
think i'd rather have the salt! :sick:
on bikeforum.com, mainly a usa forum, they had a frozen baldrocks thread and riders put pics up of riding in extreme cold - some were out in like -13C and below, which is too brave imo.
most of the usa had a far worse winter than we did here!
i like going on there takin the piss out of the harley fags lol - they still think all us brits talk like prince charles and live in castles :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh, and when you quote speeds of 150+ they are adamant that's in kmh lol - 80mph is breakneck speed in america
pmsl at the cop chases there - i can push a supermarket trolley faster :lol: :lol:

must say tho i am envious of some of the roads out there and the fact you can legally carry a gun and shoot people who piss you off :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I rode in -12 many years ago on my LC. Well, when I say rode I mean I spluttered around the block once and went home again coz my carbs were icing up and the fecker wouldn't run properly.
Rich.

Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

The best colour :p :p :p Pretty thing.. :thumbup:

ABB
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It looks like a very tidy bike, the black can's go well with the yellow :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cwilson wrote: Grosse Pointe, so about 30 minutes away from Livonia.
Well At least 2 of my buddies from work live in Grosse Pointe area [some nice big houses there with good sized garages :thumbup: ], so I might pass your door on week end of 24th & 25th, as I will be out in MI for 2 weeks, but going for a meal and a few beers with them at the weekend.
AMcQ
cwilson

Post by cwilson »

AMCQ46 wrote:
cwilson wrote: Grosse Pointe, so about 30 minutes away from Livonia.
Well At least 2 of my buddies from work live in Grosse Pointe area [some nice big houses there with good sized garages :thumbup: ], so I might pass your door on week end of 24th & 25th, as I will be out in MI for 2 weeks, but going for a meal and a few beers with them at the weekend.
Yeah, I'm one of the poor kids with a small house and garage. If you wanna dodge some craters next month, let me know. :plainsmile