Not really new subject

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
JT

Not really new subject

Post by JT »

As a forum virgin and new Firestorm owner i wasn't aware of the cut out problem until mine did it a couple of times;but also whenever i reset the trip meter it blows a fuse which means i've no speedo or rev counter-but at least it gives me an excuse when the dibble pull me over!Is this an electrical prob [shorting somewhere?]Any ideas anyone?Finally does the larger tank fit straight on?as dealers so far can only say that it "should do"and what year are they 2001 on?Cheers JT
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Looks like the bigger tank will go straight on. Ive just brought a new one and they didnt ask the year, so I offerred it and they said it didnt matter.

Obviously I reserve the right to be completely wrong, in which case Ill be a bit pissed of this weekend!!

Cheers
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

The later tank "should" bolt straight on. However, the later bikes had higher clipons so I suspect that Honda did that because of the larger tank rather than for comfort as they claim. Just be aware that the older bars may fowl on the new tank or at least leave very little room for your hands at full lock.

Al.