tl1000r carbs???

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
benny hedges

tl1000r carbs???

Post by benny hedges »

mmmmhh :think: anyone tried doing this????
the tl1000r (pre injection) has 52mm mikuni carbs, while the storm has only 48mm keihins...
keeping the simplicity of the cv carbs, i'm currently pondering trying this.
worth noting that the tlr pushes 135hp
i know it's only a 4mm difference in venturi size, but to put this into perspective, look at the storm's 100hp with 48mm carbs vs the varadero's 70 with 45mm keihins 8O

not a great deal of difference between the 2, the obvious being the venturi size and getting the linkage to work, but can't see it being that big a job tbh...
the cables will be the same so should just be a matter of getting them to sit right using the suzuki framework that holds them together.. then get the jetting right, which should be fun!

any ideas>
theres some on ebay atm, might make em an offer :biggrin

while we're on the subject of fkin about for the sake of it - has anyone given any thought to using the varadero's abs system on the storm? :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
mik_str

Re: tl1000r carbs???

Post by mik_str »

Unless the UK got something different from North America, the TL-R was never offered with carbs. In facts, its predecessor the TL-S was launched with EFI in 1997.

BTW, venturi size was not the only difference between the VTR and Varadero engines (XLV had smaller ports, higher comp ratio, likely different cam timing and put out 98 hp IIRC, not 70)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

made an offer on the carbs anyway - i like playing lol, can't leave nothing alone me :biggrin
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-TL1000-R-T ... 3a46ecc4ea

52mm mikuni jobbies cw linkages :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

For your sake I hope the offer is refused because you won't be able to do anything with them unless you embark on a complex and expensive mission to fit the necessary sensors and ECU to use them.....
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Played this game a while back, 32mm Amals on a Honda 250 twin G5.

Goodbye tickover, and the petrol blow-back out of the (admittedly lovely shiny) ali bellmouths stripped all the paint off the frame.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
kevg

Post by kevg »

How many less miles per tank do you recon you can get from the storm by adding bigger carbs?, lol
cheerz

kev
Phil-VTwin

Post by Phil-VTwin »

Them there aint carbs, they be throttle bodies and no, i will not make you a ECU !!
Ride Safe
Phil
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Phil-VTwin wrote:Them there aint carbs, they be throttle bodies and no, i will not make you a ECU !!
+1, you can see the pressure regulators in the photo if you enlarge it, they are FI throttle bodies.

withdraw your bid, or you will have an expensive door stopper for the garage :thumbsdown:
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yes indeed you are correct - i'll have to look elsewhere :D
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Phil-VTwin wrote:Them there aint carbs, they be throttle bodies
indeed, the TL-R was never offered with carbs, as I had alluded to earlier.....